Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Thats beautiful   @Patches59 .   Felt I was there.                       tonys.

Re: Roses are red, violets are blue, here's a poetry thread, from me to you! (TW)

Yeah @Glisten   Well Thanks to  @Jynx   There is now a place we can just smear some paint on the walls.  I Just know there is a little life story in you that you shepherd too.                            tonys.  

A fight you can loose bad enough just to let let you know your alive. . .                                                   Nice..   very nice                    @KirSa_EnigmA ..                                                               tonys..

@ENKELI  I had my female beside me and my male laying on my chest purring.

first time I’ve tried this type of writing.  I enjoy writing about my happy memories/places with lots of description, as if some one else was to read them.

first 2 lines kept coming over and over in my mind, rest took about hr for words to come

Hey everyone,

Nice poetry so far! Thought I'd join in, too!

Here's my two cents worth:

High hopes

I had such high hopes for this summer…

And then my meds had to be changed.

They make me very drowsy,

But stop me becoming deranged.

Titrate from one to the other,

My trusty doctor said.

If only it was that easy,

I’m struggling to get out of bed!

Every day now, the same pattern

One in the morning and one in the evening

Sometimes I feel sick, other times out of it:

The brain haze is just the beginning!

In this new year,

Hopefully things will become better

And things will settle down once more

Before the doctor needs to write me another letter.

@Spirit_Healer I felt this re: meds.  Not sure if I'm hyper sensitive to the kind I'm given but yeah... it's sleep all day stuff.  Very hard to adjust to and just as much a roller coaster as being unmedicated I think!  😅

~ K

@tonys thank you.  Not sure if this is sincere or sarcastic but thanks none the less! 🤣

Poems are pieces of peoples hearts and souls.   I don't joke about  such things...@KirSa_EnigmA .

Tonys..

High  @Former-Member  and @Glisten ..   Thinking about your letters brought this to mind. About 4 months ago

A nurse,     "attracted to the bad boy type was she" ,     cried to me the turmoil of tough  decisions . . 

Not a poem for every one.   Just those  who who,   died a little,   leaving.. 

LEAVING  HIM.

She'll  dress  in  grey

Then dress  in  white.

She naked  lays  by  candle light.

He  lies  in white

Then  lies in  grey

Seeks truths  in lies  told yesterday..

With second  sight 

she'll  second  guess

Would  strike  her  dead should  she  confess.

Those crimes of hearts  tormented  passion.

enslaved in cages  they did  fashion.

Saddled horse   by open gates

but still  she lies  tween altered  states.

Tears  n  truths could  set them free 

by  poisoned chalice  cease  to  be.

No  scars nor  blood  upon  thy sleave

those  loyal  dogs  that will not leave.

In seas  of pearls  they waste away

Schemes  in dreams   lost in the fray.

But in those dreams  are free to go

released from ice  to streams that flow

And wash away the eyes that  stain

a momentary  fade  from  pain

She  wakes  to face  another  day                                    8/9/23

Live  one  more  lie . . .                                   tonys   Mb1

Or     run    away..                              

Hello to everyone 

@KirSa_EnigmA  @Spirit_Healer  @Patches59  @ENKELI  @Jacques  @Jynx  and  all 

@tonys I blame Disney movies

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us