Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Luna New Year - Year of the Tiger 🐯

Hi SANE community,

Happy Lunar New Year! 🐯

Lunar New Year, or as some refer to as Chinese New Year, falls on the 1st of February in 2022. We're taking this opportunity to acknowledge the parts of our diverse community who celebrate this event, and to also invite all to take part in a fun discussion!

This year is the year of the TigerThe Tiger is a Chinese zodiac that represents bravery, determination, and confidence. It is the "king of all animals" and therefore people born in the year of the tiger are said to be suited to be leaders.

But of course those who were not born in the year of the Tiger also have these traits- so for this discussion we'd love to hear and celebrate a time or moment when you felt brave, determined and confident!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We recognise that we are all at different points in our recovery and our lives, and so our experiences will look unique to each of us. Please remember to be kind and respectful - you can view the community guidelines here πŸ’›

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Luna New Year - Year of the Tiger 🐯

I am a wooden dragon. I am brave every time I walk outside the front door.

Appropriately for this year - i have decided to resign from my job and oursue something i am interested in and see what i can do. This was brave because it is a measured risk.

@outlander  you are one of the bravest and strong women that i know.

as are you little pea Heart @greenpea

@greenpea I love that! It does take bravery and determination to walk out the door each day πŸ’›

@MDT that must have been quite a daunting decision! Leaving a job takes a lot of bravery and  confidence (confidence that you will find something better for yourself). Proud of you for taking that step! πŸ’›

Hello @cloudcore@outlander@greenpea@MDT 

I am a Wood Dragon @cloudcore like @greenpea 

@Shaz51  fellow wood dragon the most powerful chinese zodiac sign. The only mystical sign. xxx

Ohh yes my sister xoxo @greenpea 

And we are strong xxx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us