Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Off to see psychologist this morning,wish me luck 😃

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @outlander, also everyone else who passes through here.  Ooops ... its afternoon already.  So I change that to "good afternoon'.  Just got back from my volunteer visitor role.  @outlander, how are you doing my friend?  You seem to have been pretty quiet of late, so I'm wondering if you've been okay.  Perhaps you've just been your usual busy self?

Sherry Heart

Good Morning @outlander hope your day is okay Good Morning to anyone who reads this

Afternoon @TAB and all

Afternoon @Former-Member things have been pretty hard and i tend to shut down instead of talking which i know you and many others understand. I wont go into details here though but some info is on thr rough time thread but no pressure to be there either.

How was volunteering?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander

Yes I definitely understand the shutting down thing. I'm trying hard myself right now not to do that, as I know its not good for me. But it is my natural response. I dont normally visit the Rough Time thread, but will check it out. Is that your main support thread?

Yes I enjoy my volunteering role. I visit an old lady in a nursing home and also help out with activities etc. Its quite a rewsrding thing to do. Too many older people have nobody left in their lives. My hubby is not happy with me volunteering, but its something I need to do for me. I missed months on end when he was so sick and in hospital. And I still miss some weeks when it clashes with other carer commitments. But hubbys safe to leave alone now for a couple of hours, so I go when I can. In fact hubby often goes back to bed for a sleep while I'm out. And most weeks I also call into the chemist to pick up hubbys scripts. Its near the nursing home, so it works in well. Saves an extra trip into town.

Sherry 💜

that is my main support thread yeah @Former-Member Im only a tag away if you need me too.

Thats great and im sure the residents love and appreciate you being around and giving them a helping hand. elderly get lonley quite quickly as im discovering with pop more and more. i am glad that you get those few hrs to get out of the house and do something that helps you too.
its good when things work out well isnt it, saves that extra trip into town.

Evening all... @outlander I haven't seen @@Lapses for a while. 

Lapses left a little while ago @Maggie

Sorry to hear that @outlander thanks for letting me know.

Hopefuly she comes back @Maggie
Or shes at least doing ok

How has your day been?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us