Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

@Exoplanet  Good morning Exoplanet just checking up on you making sure that you and your puppies are fine and well :). Looking forward to your next post re your future adventures. Love greenpea xxxx

Thank you for your morning message @greenpea Heart It's nice to be 'checked up' on 🙂 

@Exoplanet :)xxx

I've been looking into a telephone service called Telecross, you get a short call each day to check if your alright. If you don't answer they do something about physically checking. But in an email I received, I've been told I need a couple of emergency contacts - people that have access (keys) to my property & home . . . I don't know anyone like that. I worry about the dogs, if something were to happen to me, they are now locked behind 2 fences - they'd dehydrate before they starved. It's a sad realization that if something were to happen to me, nobody would know - it's not hard to translate that into 'nobody cares'.

i care @Exoplanet Heart

It's been lovely & cool lately 🙂 I've got my flannel Pj's & my fluffy night gown on 😄 Even my fingerless gloves & velvet jiffies! 😉 For the first time I got a hot water bottle together for the Staffy last night! I cleaned the fire box out yesterday {though I think it's still a ways off of fire weather} & I've noticed I've begun the routine of closing windows in the evening & opening them back up through the day.  

I got another message from the Telecross people, saying that they would register me as I'm from a rural area & that they'd contact the police if I didn't respond . . . & to give them a call . . . Now I'll send a message explaining that I don't give calls, that I can answer them but just can't seem to press the little green button to make one. That I only have a mobile phone & that an actual call isn't neccessary - a text would do . . . & that every day also wouldn't be neccessary, I think once a week would do the trick - just so that somebody would know if I'm not responding & send someone to actually check. 

I pulled the Gazebos down yesterday, I thought the new one might be a bit of a challenge to get back into its packaging, but it was quite easy really; it's like a series of umbrellas, a huge one for the roof & then all but 1 wall is like a 4 pronged umbrella on it's side, 1 side is just a material flap that you then slide poles into when it's up & it becomes the door - very clever really, & it creates a large roomy space to set up in 🙂 

I'm hoping to go shopping today, I seem to have gotten my pay day mixed up, I think it might have something to do with Easter {payment going in earlier or later than usual} & am hoping it will happen today - I'm running low on a few things. 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Mazy Heart @Mazarita  @outlander  @eth  @greenpea  @Zoe7  @Sophia1  @Teej  @CheerBear 

Hi @Exoplanet . I just caught up on your last posts. You would be missed by us. I can see how easily you could think that nobody cares but behind this screen we are all real people who care deeply for you and have so much respect for you.  

I hope the telecross thing works out. I hope they have other clients in the same situation so it’s not a problem. 

Take care of you! Hmmm my bed thing fell in a heap too. 💜🤗

@Exoplanet It is so easy to get messed up with payment day with Easter and all the bank holidays in there. Hope you got paid today and could get what you need. I am much the same as you - a lot of things need to be shopped for but havent had the energy to do it. This Wednesday I will try to get out and do the shopping after DBT. 

It is great that you will have someone contacting your regularly - hopefully they can text you once a week and that way it is not intrusive but still welcomed. We certainly care about you here and love you updates when you post Heart

I care too @Exoplanet We would miss you hear quite quickly (I have the last couple of days) but it's very good to know you're onto Telecross.  I think my mum could use it too.  Doing it by text should be possible in this day and age.

Rugging up here too, last night was the first really cold night this year - much later than the last 2 years.  Should have seen me - fat socks, ugg boots, pullover, cardigan, vest and puffer jacket and scarf around my head!!!  Must dig out my beanie now.

Take care friend xx

@Exoplanet  There must be some service that would be able to do that service for you. Don't give up. You would definately not be alone there would be other people in the same circumstances. Hugs and hugs Exoplanet don't forget we care sweetheart and always will xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us