Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Christian Chat

awww have not been on this thread for a while @Faith-and-Hope , @eudemonism , @Former-Member , @Hope4me , @Determined , @Sam3 Heart

Me neither @Shaz51 i miss Bella... she was great... i hope everything going well for her...
Former-Member
Not applicable

We can still support Bella and Lapses in prayer. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

... as well as each other. 😀

Hi @Former-Member , thanks for the tag.
Me... a lot of the time I feel like I can relate to Paul (2 Cor. 4).

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair."

I've wondered how Lapses is getting on too. Hadn't been on this thread for a while so hadn't realised Bella's also moved on.

Missing both Lapses and Bella ..... 😔 ..... holding them in thought and prayer.

Just looked up that passage @Smc , than you for sharing. 

Over the last couple of days I have been listening to hymns on youtube bring some light and joy in the current trial. 

Last night darling came in and when she heard it playing started sharing with me hymns she has downloaded over time. It was a tender moment together. 

I think I may have shared this or similar in the past but was sharing it with one of our boys earlier this week when he was looking for answers and wanted to share it again here as a meaningful illustration. 

Footprints in the sand. 

Screenshot_20190214-193743_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi @Former-Member thanks for your post. I hope you’re doing ok atm, and same for @Determined @Faith-and-Hope @Smc 

@eudemonism  I’m sorry thatt things are so very difficult for you & that you need frequent rest periods. 

I’ve had a couple of great days this week but not so good lately. I’m losing faith in myself & my future. I’m realising that even excluding the depression  there’s dysfunction due to my lifelong ‘overactive’ mind. I find it hard to prioritise & filter out analytical thoughts to arrive at a course of action even when well. It’s almost impossible when I’m sick, but somehow with effort to battle extraneous thoughts I do function to a degree.  Does anybody have any insights or tips? Can’t have faith in God or myself much & am constantly feeling inferior & not succeeding as a mother, wife, worker etc. Thank you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us