Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: 🐦Bird 🐦Therapy🐦

Oh my goodness, they don't call me @Former-Member, for nothing lol - I completely forgot starting this thread. Sorry guys, let's keep it going. Love your stories above. Haven't heard the bird colour  'Dreamtime' before, beautiful 👍💜 

Have you found this thread @Adge 

This is my birds, today I put in some greenery from the garden to give them a lift. They live happily in the bathroom now, cooler in there:

Screenshot_2017-11-13-11-51-06.png

Screenshot_2017-11-13-11-51-34.png

love your birds @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

I used to have a pet galah too @utopia, he used to call out every morning and he would copy lots of words

@Maggie, @greenpea, @BambiFawn , I had Blue budgies and green budgies and a peach face love bird too

let's keep it going, yes wonderful @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51, thanks 🙂 Blue and green budgies and love bird! Do you have any birds now?

Your bird pictures are lovely @Former-Member

All my 6 baby Budgies are sky-blues, like their parents. Plus there's one yellowish-green Budgie out there.

Rainbow the Peachface Lovebird is mostly Yellow, a Lutino (not normal green coloured).

He (or she) was originally hand-raised, but turned so feral that I cannot put any other birds in with him.

Which means that I cannot put the baby Budgies in that cage, even though there is plenty of room.

My 3 Bourke parrots don't seem so happy, with so many baby Budgies in that aviary now. Budgies are rather boisterous, & the Bourkes are very gentle & somewhat timid.

Adge

@Shaz51 my pet galah would copy the way I said something. For example "what are you doing? " - he would say it how I would scream it at my son .... "what ... ARE you ... doing???? When my son still wasn't dresses for school etc. Lol. Was a beautiful bird
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Adge, my last photos turned out ok I thought. Have you tried uploading pictures after screenshots yet? It reduces the size. I'd love to see your birds.

Your birds sound amazing! Like you ☺ Especially the 'sky blue' budgies, and orange canaries, wow! How beautiful it must be to hear the canaries all singing 🎵🐦

Rainbow. your Peachface, sounds like a spoils brat!!! Probably thinks he's human, being hand raised & all. Definitely needs separating - a smaller cage by hmself, maybe closer to you too. Or insideca big cage. Then you'll have more room for the new budgies. yes? Poor thing. I love watching their different personalities.

You said "my 3 Bourke parrots don't seem so happy, with so many baby Budgies in that aviary now"

Naww 😞, your poor Bourke's, maybe buy a new cage for the Bourke's, they make a great indoor bird. Mine are much happier away from the finches who use to divebomb them, Pearl lost all her front feathers (which have grown back now), Bourkes do seem unusually timid for a parrot☺

You said "Budgies are rather boisterous, & the Bourkes are very gentle & somewhat timid"...

Yep, that's what I like about the Bourke birds, and their gentle song.. I've had budgies, they never stop making noise lol An outside bird. But they are pretty. Have you thought of selling some?

Did your x6 new baby budgies come from the one nest? How did you know when to separate them from the adults re feeding? I wish I could see that "sky blue" - sounds lovely.

Its lovely talking about the birds like their family. Thank you @Adge🐦🐦

@Former-Member@utopia@Adge@Shaz51@greenpea lovely bird pics. My story is a sad one. My friends cockatiel flew away two days ago. He's a dearly loved pet, aren't they all, we are looking everywhere and putting up posters wherever we can. I guess that's the chance you take letting them fly free sometimes. Lovely looking at pics here. 

Sorry to hear your friends Cockateil flew away. Hopefully someone will find him and your friend will get him back.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Maggie💜 hi @utopia 💜
Cockatiels are lovely, we had one but same thing happened, kids left the door open, sad, especially knowing their not 'street wize' (not up on dangers). Birds are such fragile little things. My neighbours cat preys on the birdlife here, came at my new birds once - saw a different side of putty tat that day - wild! My bourke bird is singing as i type - love it 🐦🐥🐦

I don`t have any birds Now @Former-Member, @utopia, @Maggie, @Adge, @greenpea xx

My mum has a birdbath on her lawn and she feeds the wild birds eveyday ,Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us