Skip to main content

Opening Hours
Mon - Fri 8.30 am - 4:30pm

Re: The Walking for Wellbeing Thread

@Former-Member

Hope it does not make you to sad 😞

Happy to virtual share  them lol

We also have a sable & white girl, think I have already shared pics on the dogs rock thread but here she is. (Looking a bit shabby here but still beautiful)

A couple of years ago we lost a shelty boy and beautiful girl (both sable & white - my fav) in the space of 6 months to scrub ticks. Very sad. 

20170708_125645.jpg

Well it is a record low for me today.... whopping 336 steps lol -
I knew it was a slacker day but wow! 

My walking aspirations have been well and truly washed away as it has been wet and miserable all day here, and I have been in front of my computer most of the day anyway trying to make some progress on uni assessment.   

Gorgeous dogs @Determined. Due to all the rain , my pooch didn't get a walk in today. I went out by myself this morning and needed to use the umbrella half way through.

I headed out to a huge shopping centre to get a few things for my trip and walked a heap of steps there. For the first time, I drove to yoga. Really missed my walk there as I consider it part of the session, listening to music along the way and then afterwards as well.

Step count was higher than I thought it would be - 12 584.

@Determined - when uni is finished, we'll expect you to be clocking up some serious steps.

9,783 steps - 6.7km ......

Determined - when uni is finished, we'll expect you to be clocking up some serious steps.

Planning to @soul, and some K's on the bike.
Easy walk I have planned that is around 5km, can be extended to 10k with a small variation.

Have some yard work to do also so that should rack up some steps, I think my record is around 28k steps when I put in a big day cleaning up the yard. (Was recorded on my old phone and cant find it to check). Highest recorded on this phone is 18,700.

My longest bike ride is 40km but I am keen to crack the 50km. From memory there is over 1000m of elevation in that circuit so will take a month or two of hard work to build up to. (My darlings pb is 160km in one ride, typical weekend ride was 80 - 100km).   

My plan this time last year was to get the bike riding up to 100km/ week, I think I have done 150km since then lol... better luck this time round.

Great goals @Determined. Hope you have made good progress with uni - not long tp go now. I plan on doing some serious walking in Thailand. The weather should be okay - max is around 30 degrees but the humidity makes it feel a bit worse and minimums about 22 to 23 debrees.

She's gorgeous @Determined,enjoy them when they get old and you have to make the euthanasia decision it's hard.Yes it would've been hard to lose two in a short time,they get old so quick.

Yes @Former-Memberthe euthanasia decision is super hard, have had to make that decision 3 times now,
our very first collie (She was 13) an old bitsa my darlings family had befroe we were married (age unknown but ancient in doggy terms) both before we had children and most recently a maremma boy we had (~15). I cried every time. They become part of the family.  

We also lost a sheltie - japanise spitz x who was hit by a car while my darling was walking her. (She was on a leash which my darling was holding at the time) very traumatic. 

Every time we loose one I say no more but life would not be the same without them. 

Hi @Faith-and-Hope - dont worry about your likes not showing - I trust technology far less than people 🙂

How are you? 

Today, I am with my parents. They seems happy to have me. All the best to you.

Love A2Z

Hi @A2Z ....

I'm doing okay, considering ..... our issues have started to surface and we now have therapy appointments coming out of our ears, and life-changing decisions being made ..... not a lot if fun, and it's only just started ....

I can see an awful lot of walking ahead of me .....

5,924 steps - 3.6km today ....

Search Mental Health Carers NSW