Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BambiFawn
Senior Contributor

fear of death

I have been quite concerned I may die soon from the bad side effects of my drug.  I just have to go with the flow, like Tao, like a leaf floating down a stream.  It continues....Moreover God says in His WORD, that 'He works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.' 

I have to shelter under His (God's) mother bird wings' Also, I am busily trying to learn scriptures off by heart of all the verses that discuss God's love for me. 

One verse says ' His perfect love casts out all fear'.  So I will have to meditate on His love for me.  I may not have a mother, but Beloved Jesus has a mother's heart.  

Anyone else concerned about dying on their drug? I was recently, but I managed to overcome my fears, by declaring scriptures dear to my heart. As it says in God's word ' His (God's perfect love casts out all fear'.  Jesus went from town to town telling the people to take courage and ' Do not fear.' My drug stops me from hallucinating, so I am very happy.  It is a lifeline and gives me quality of life.  The side effects may be very bad but I am so happy the drug saves me from hallucinating. I have to try and say the serenity prayer and accept death haha.   

12 REPLIES 12

Re: fear of death

I googled death from a Christian perspective.

''https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/850-biblical-view-of-death-the

Yep this elaborates here in the above link...

@BambiFawn Dear BambiFawn I used to fear death ... but now I feel our existence here is just part of a bigger thing. When I look at how enormous the universe is and how small we are it comforts me knowing that I am so small  and insignificant in the whole scheme of things.

That is how I get over my nerves in day to day living. It helps alot otherwise I would be a nervous wreck.

Hi @BambiFawn

It's really natural to have a fear of death from any cause - everyone dies but only one person came back to tell us about it - that he is preparing a place for us  - that there will be room for us

So indeed people with a Christian understanding and belief do have that to lean on - and twice in my life I have felt so ill that the idea of really dying seemed okay - and I don't not have SI - just that I have the feeling that when the time comes it will be okay - but still....

About the drug that might shorten your life - look at this way - no matter how much time you have left I think myself that it is better to enjoy that time rather than have the hallucinations that make life unpredicable and scary - that's what I think

My medication is for pain and is not a good idea for health either - and I am taking a lot less than prescribed - taking a long time about that under medication supervision - but for me the choice is the medication or constant severe pain so like you - I have the choice of maybe a shorter life or a longer life of misery

I understand what you are saying - so stick to your beliefs and I am a Christian also and know those scriptures - and pray about it - get comfortable in your body and share your fears with God - 

But I am sure - in fact I know - you are not alone in what your fear - 

Dec

Hi @greenpea

I really like what your wrote about the size of the universe and yet I gather - as insignificant as we appear to be - we have our place in the scheme of things

Really - this is fabulous - I have to believe in life after death - for spiritual reasons surely - I believe that souls are valuable and can't be wasted - whatever happens we go on after our physical death - just how - I can't possible know but just as we are aware of ourselves and great things like time and existence and our own death - and the great message from Descartes - "I think therefore I am" sets us apart from every known thing in the universe ever - we know we exist and therefore I believe this thought - like energy - can change but never disappear

I really like the film The Matrix. I have asked myself where in the Matrix are we? But here's the thing - the hero was ignorant of all that and yet the ideas were there in his mind - and when he became aware it was a terrifying reality

So my thought - forget the bliss of ignorance - be aware of the truth - we will die in this form but there are many forms besides us in the unknown universe

Enough philosophy for now - sheesh - it's Wednesday after all

Dec

Darling @Owlunar if ever you want to talk philosophy I am here xxHeart

@Owlunar

Hey dear Dec, thank you for your caring words to my thread.

You are so correct, and I actually forgot that scripture, where Jesus ' says He will prepare a place for us in God's house where there are many mansions.  In God's house there are many mansions and this alludes to Heaven.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. ... “When Thou hadst overcome the sharpness of death, Thou didst open the .... The heaven of heaven is the possession of God the Father through the Son in the ... In the context He goes on to tell us that 'He goes to prepare a place for us,' and ...John 14:12.

That's a beautiful promise of scripture in the Book of Promises, the Bible, thanks so much dear Dec for mentioning it to me here. It helps take the 'sting' out of death'.  For death is but a sleep, Jesus says.

Have a lovely day, 

Hugs and blessings, 

BambiFawn.

@greenpea

Thanks dear sweet green pea for your comforting words...Have a lovely day, Bless you, BambiFawn0c6291cfd62cebc774591984828ad231--walt-disney-cartoons-bambi-disney.jpg

Thanks @BambiFawn@greenpea

I love philosophy and religion - I can go on about them for as long as people will listen

I watched a programme of the ABC late last night - The Agony of the Mind - so interesting - I am not the only person with lateral ideas - and yet some ideas are so mundane I wanted to yell but was feeling drowsy - 

Humans have this wonderful thing called "Ideas" - and this is enough - it is time I ate something before my spirit takes a break from my body

But just ask me a question - 

Dec

@Owlunar @BambiFawn I like the idea that we are not really here at all . We are part of a dream. Our physical self is non existent. For example when I have close people, sometimes family ... sometimes friends, who have died I quite often have a vivid dream of them coming to visit. The dream can take years to occur or soon after the death. We talk and quite often embrace, which I feel and then they are gone. It is like they have come to say good bye or pass on a message to a loved one before they move on.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us