Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

jade1
Contributor

bdp,c-ptsd,anxiety,avoidant dissorder,eating disorder.depression.

I have been diagnosed with all my labels 3years ago and it has been very hard i am trying to get the help i need it is so trying especially from professional. I am new to this group so iam very nervous.
32 REPLIES 32

Re: bdp,c-ptsd,anxiety,avoidant dissorder,eating disorder.depression.

Hey @jade1

There is no need to be nervous here - everyone is lovely.

I share many of your diagnosese and agree that getting help (unless you have top/the right health cover or are wealthy) is really difficult.  Having mutiple issues complicates the matter, especially (I've found) with finding the right meds.

There is lots of good advice here and people with a lot of knowledge, so search the forums for past information and I'm sure people will respond with suggestions.  Mine is to keep trying to find the right help.  Joining the forum is a big step so well done for reaching that milestone.

Thanks Marymahem your so kind
I am not on any medication because I have tedious to take the lot when I feel bad. so iam doing it rough I am also trying get counselling and learn how to claim down when I blow up

Hi @jade1
Welcome to the forums. I'm so glad that you have introduced yourself, and completely get how nerve wracking that can be. I have some of those labels as well and it can be so hard to ... 'recover'. Im not even sure what recover will eventually look like for me yet. I've found therapy to be slow and really hard but it also keeps me 'together' mostly..! Finding help is also really hard.
I hope that you will find the forums helpful, there are lots of threads that are light hearted where people tend to just 'chat' like on the night shift, but if you want help with something specific or seeking other peoples ideas/experiences about things you could start a new thread too.
I hope to see you around the forums soon 🙂

Thanks Lisa Jane
this is all very very new to me and feel inspired by it I have only been on this site not long and I have had two people respond all ready (iam smiling 😊) thank you I was feeling very low before signing up today .there 😇 on this site

Tough day today all I thinking about is smoking which I gave up 7 weeks ago today. I have to find a new support coordinator On Monday this will be my fifth agency too get help three and half years and still looking.

Aghh i quit smoking... a long time ago and the smell of it still sometimes makes me want one... at the same time as making me go ugh how did i ever do that?!
I didnt see your post come up yesterday @jade1 sorry! If you tag me with an @ in front of my name i will get a message/email telling me that someone has mentioned me and will find it 🙂
I hope that this new agency can help you find some support and be with someone who you can connect with! Is it part of NDIS or something like that?
Hope you've had a good sunday!

@Former-Member let me know if done this right !
the ndis (cramp) sorry about the word I give you looking the problem I have a cleaner who used Windex in the bathroom I have a skin condition which has no cure for. I have it for life I am allergic to every thing I now have to have more treatment it cost 200.00 a week my support worker laughed at me. I am so scared and worried that I can't find agency that stepping quickly. It hasn't been to bad of the Cravings today tomorrow will be the big test lots to sort out with ndis cross fingers.

oh my @jade1! That would be so frustrating... and to be laughed at when you said you have difficulty with it 😘 that is terrible. Sorry to hear that you have a condition that is difficult to manage as well... not the same.. but my lil boy has bad excema and its just awful for him at times and nothing cures it or helps for long and its so hard for him.
Fingers cross that tomorrow goes smoothly! Have you found anything helps with the cravings like chewing gum or anything?
(and yep the tag worked! Thanks!)

@Former-Member
i feel really bad for your little boy eczema really painful experience.
I have been eating vegetarian pizza for 7 weeks to keep the Cravings away and biting my nails helps
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us