Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

B45
Senior Contributor

Soul mates

If anyone has read my previous posts I've been wondering why I felt such a connection to a gentleman I met.  I didn't expect this to happen & the feeling was & still is quite strong, although definately nothing sexual whatsoever.  I went to a clairvoyant & she said this guy is my soul mate.  We crossed paths so he could help me along my spiritual journey.  I hope this doesn't sound too corny, I would like to hear people's opinions & are there any good websites where I could research soul mates.  

5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Soul mates

Hi - I dont have any experience with anything like this at all, but wanted to say HI! I hope that someone pops up with some ideas soon for you, but hope the friendship develops and strengthens for you!

I once thought someone who was close to me was a soul mate. Turns out they weren't anything of the sort as the friendship turned sour and they took advantage of me. I am a lot more guarded who I let into my bubble these days.

I hope your relationship with this gentleman turns out to be fruitful and rewarding, as relationships with soul mates should be. Although my relationship with someone I thought was a soul mate didn't work out, I am guessing they just weren't my soul mate after all. I do like the concept of soul mates and that everybody has somebody out there somewhere.

I just lost my soul mate after 16 years together. It is the hardest thing that I have ever had to face. He decided that he could no longer cope with my mental health issues (too bad that he has his own that he doesn't admit to) and managed to convince our daughter that he was the safer of two parents.

I know that he is my "life partner" having had it confirmed by a couple of different "readings" over the years so not sure why we have come unstuck or what the future holds. Even as recently as 3 weeks ago it was confirmed that we still have a future together so someone or something got it wrong somewhere...lol

I am taking things hour by hour at the moment, just concentrating on my own recovery journey and waiting to see what my guides have in store for me. Patience is something I have never had and I guess something I need to learn...

B45
Senior Contributor

Thinking of you @darwinemma, take it slow & some self soothing won't go astray.  I'm fortunate in the fact that I'm married with two older kids.  There is no sexual feeling whatsoever in my connection with this guy just a strong feeling of connection as friends.  My husband doesn't understand, this guy is unaware, issues have arisen but I have a strong feeling about us remaining friends, maybe in time.  I've never really been patient but I am learning if you release your grip on things & see how the cards fall can be quite surprising.  How often do you get a reading?

@B45 - thank you. Patience be dammed has always been my motto - that plus needing to control everything has been my undoing 😞

I still love and adore my husband - even through all the hate that has come out of these past few months from both of us I understand that these are things we have bottled up for too long. I can only let him be and see what the future brings. No, I am not clinging to hope, just putting him in the glass jar on the shelf of maybes.

I get a reading when I can afford one. My current reader of choice is also a clairvoyant and is amazingly brilliant. I am hoping to pay for another reading soon - but it could be a month or two before she will be able to fit me in. She does my reading over the phone and is always fully booked.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us