Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

2038546c5619fa9181bd3e0fe5166ac0.gif

Excellent! @TAB  - big effort! I'm impressed but do pace yourself. Maybe  Start walking the block again, start off small. So your tests all clear re cardiologist? Do  you still have to take thinners? Sounds like dr was impressed. Must be all this walks and quitting smoking 👍

Think cardiologist was impressed with himself tbh @Former-Member anyway could have ended badly. No sign of strain on right side of heart re lung clots , one lung clots in upper other lower they didn't remark on that
Was doing 30 min was bit iff y after hosp gone to 50 now

Still have to see haematologist re genetic clotting marker re thinners
Also thyroid biopsy @Former-Member thanks for your interest

Continuing to de clutter my bedroom tonight @Former-Member I’ll make the music loud so no one hears me crying as I sift through memories of days long gone.

images.png

😢 not THIS week @Eve7 😭  Just keep it all, what difference does it make? 💔🌸💔🌸💔🌸💔

Found this article today. Thought I'd just plop it here

Compulsive Shoppers
17 JUNE 2022
While we see many people doing some retail therapy for a personal boost, it may surprise you to know that there is actually a psychological disorder called "compulsive shopping". This is where people whose lives are dominated by shopping, buy thousands of dollars worth of goods they can never use.

Psychologists who treat these sufferers often begin by helping them understand the difference between a need and a want. To help them break out of the compulsive shopping disorder, they have to break the link between wants and needs, then the further deeper association between the acquisition of goods and a sense of self-worth.

While most of us may not be suffering from compulsive shopping disorders, we need to learn the same lesson. We often confuse personal wants with actual needs.

Ancient wisdom date we should follow the example from nature, flowers and bird life. They don't worry, fret or shop and yet God cares for them. Our worth is not in what we have but who we are before God"

I think to maybe I shop too much for
- something to do
- company
- little bargain thrill
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us