Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kath83
New Contributor

Real psychosis

• It all started with me seeing things that where not there I thought they where sprits and I was going through a sprit awaking at the start but then I could hear voices and they would tell me to do things and I did those things they told me to do I stole a van because I thought god told me to do it I saw things like angles and black shadows. I thought I was the queen and the princess as well and I had to go back to London. I was put in the psyic ward  for four months but I was living with this psychosis for more than six months I didn't know what was real and was wasn't. I even believed I was doing gods work and I spoke a different language.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Real psychosis

Hi @Kath83,

Welcome to the Forums. My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. It is nice to have you with us.

Thank you for reaching out and telling some of your story to us. I don't know much about psychosis to be honest - I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.  It sounds like an intense experience and I really hope you are okay and you feel supported.

Please take care and keep reaching out for support if you need it.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Hi @Kath83 

Psychosis can be very difficult to deal with, it can be quite scary not knowing what is real and what isn't. There are always professional people who can help you with these kinds of issues, your GP is a good place to start, they can direct you to a psychologist or psychiatrist if they think you need one. If you have already been in a mental hospital then they should have set up support when you left.

@FloatingFeather 

That sounds unbelievably hard @Kath83 , I hope you are travelling ok now. Keep reaching out and talking about what's going on, you're in the absolute right place for it, everyone is here to support you and give what advice they can/you want. Take care of yourself lovely.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us