Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

holy crap i feel useless atm... like really bad.... just pathetic even.... look at me...

I know you are supporting me and i really do appreciate what you say. I'm just not sure if it's good to be talking about it with you without dragging you all down too.... All I can see in the mirror is failure.. All I see is wasted potential and all I see is pathetic.... What point is there

@outlander @Shaz51 @utopia @TAB @BlueBay @Former-Member @Appleblossom

Do remember what you did last you felt like this? @MDT ?

i feel like im on the verge of panic.... trying to breath and keep a right mind....

@MDT  try to practice some breathing first before you get to overwhelmed, maybe have a shower or something soothing for abit then come back to your emotions. 

just had a shower @outlander and I'm trying to decide what I'm meant to do with my life and yet it's just all over the bloody shop... trying to just chill out by glossing over a career search site so it might help me add some stuff to my list (which i need to tackle)... but its like nowhere near what i should be doing with my life.... god I'm so worried

nah @TAB I can't remember..

I'm panicing a bit because i turn 25 in a few months... what am i even doing.... jesus christ

@MDT
OK... have you thought about giving yourself a break for a while in regards to what you want to do? stick with the jobs you have currently and just go out and enjoy life for a while. do some fun things or things that you want to do for yourself.

your only 24 (nearly 25) your barely leaving uni, you have a long while yet to find out wha you actually want to do.
instead of adding more things to your list, why dont you try to tackle a few things first then it wont look so daunting

At 25 @MDT I had 2 jobs - one I hated and one that was really emotionally draining - so I had no real idea what I was going to do either. Then I moved states for a while and still had no idea what I was going to do. IT didn't take until I was 30 to find a real direction in my life. I am telling you all this to let you now that it is not easy to always know let alone do what we want - sometimes these things take a little time for us to unravel. Don't be so hard on yourself - your age is not important what is more important is that you have a goal to work towards and you have been doing that with the way you have been approaching looking for work - and you have had some success so that shows me you are not only driven but very capable and it will all fall into place for you in the future.

I need my dinner atm @outlander

I see what you mean. I really do. But I dunno if it's gonna be enough. I'm freaking out atm.... It's too late etc

do you think contacting one of the helplines would be beneficial then?
headspace (your not 25 yet) might be able to offer some work advice?
have dinner first though @MDT

Yeh @outlander
I know headspace don't do work help though..
Eating dinner atm. It's nice so that helps.
I'm just overwhelmed tonight. I have a lot on my mind and plate.
I might have a date tomorrow and I'm worried about that too... But also, looking forward to it.. Just a lot of abstract stuff atm and it's all up in the air....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us