Skip to main content

Opening Hours
Mon - Fri 8.30 am - 4:30pm

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

i would @TAB but the system at the uni is archaic. If you can't attend ON THE DAY THEY SAY IT IS ON then you are required to graduate in abscentia. No exceptions. Only 2 options to pick. Not keen on going to it anyway. The achievement of going to the uni is something I have in my mind/heart. Don't need a celebration to have that.

And yeah. Trying to shake up visa thing. Got back in contact with some people. Just getting a bit more info from an aussie who is there now. And also the British council helping.

Seems like the EU is just filled with over the top bureaucratic processes. Maybe that will change when I get there 😛

"Life is a funny thing methinks."

Sounds good @MDT

Just tell them you’re going pretty sure they’re none the wiser well til last minute when actually go on stage lol and haha re bureaucrats @MDT

Pretty much @Appleblossom
Going to have to shake things up here

Sorry re your post @saturnzoon hope you’re okay

Government departments the world over are pretty much hopeless @MDT. The left hand never knows what the right is doing. They make changes just for changes' sake. They shuffle paper just to keep things cluttered and to ensure they have a job. Shudder to think what could happen if they were efficient.

Hope you can make some progress this week in any case.

I gave all three of my graduation ceremonies a miss. Rounded up like cattle, walk across a stage, shake hands with some Bozo - not that exciting imo. You have that paper - a means to open doors. 

I kinda like Charlie Mingus Moaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXIpJiOHgQ

We all gotta do it sometime.  He has style.

Smiley Happy

Hey @MDT. I checked with my son. It was Angloville. He said it was great and thought it was a stepping stone. He said once you’ve done it twice they give you discounts on doing TESOL courses to teach. I told him you had that and he said then it would be a great way of getting your foot in the door and gaining confidence too. It was one of his best experiences in Europe. 

HA I loved your joke @soul about govt efficiency. I think that's why I wouldn't enjoy it. Have you ever tired reading the policy briefs? Best way to highlight the difference between active and passive voice methinks.

Search Mental Health Carers NSW