Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LeedsUnitedFan
Casual Contributor

Introduction

“Hi All

I’ve just registered with this site and would like to introduce myself.

I am an early to middle aged male and live in suburban Western Australia. I have struggled with depression and social anxiety for much of my life and it has cost me everything I have ever worked hard for. I still remain positive in life and I’m hoping to connect with people who I can relate to.

I have a long back story and am open to share but probably need to be questioned first. I am extremely friendly but my sense of humour can be misinterpreted. Hopefully many of you will give me a chance.

I hope to become a strong part of this community going forward.

Thanks everyone
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Introduction

@LeedsUnitedFan Hi BaldivisMale37y! Welcome! We are all friendly here so my advice is to dive into the active forums and get started.Smiley Happy

Welcome @baldivisMale37.
Good to see you getting straight in and posting. Have a look around the forum. There are lots of different social threads or you may prefer reading some threads from people who live with your MI. You can start a new thread at any time. Welcome

Hi @LeedsUnitedFan and welcome to the boards. You needn't worry about humour, we're pretty open and I have a wry sense of humour myself. 

Good to see you posting and jumping right into the forums. We're a friendly bunch who are all here collectively to understand and support one another on our journeys.

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Hi @LeedsUnitedFan,

Welcome to the forum space! It is great to see that you already have some lovely replies and that you have shared your story on another thread as well!

Just letting you know I have sent you an email, if you could please check it out

Lauz

Hi @LeedsUnitedFan,

Welcome to Forum Land. I hope you are able to feel well-supported here. I find interacting in cyberspace is a much better fit for me than interacting with people face-to-face. Do you find online interaction easier? I super look forward to getting to know you better - especially your sense of humour. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us