Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

isos
Casual Contributor

Hi I am new. And .....

Hello all

I am new to this website and glad I found this site. Unfortunately in the area I stay it's tricky to find these websites. That said I must still go thru the website and do some reading.

Just to do some minor sharing. Last year I found out (guess I always knew) I suffer from Anxiety Attacks and minor Bipolar with a tad of OCD. And some depression too.

I went to work overseas and ended up having an anxiety attack. Got sent back home, did the whole medical recover thing and went again. And was feeling super good, but out of (major insight and caring for my own well being and others) the doctors words. I went to medical to give them a heads up that I was experiencing light headedness which was nothing like the year before. Couple hours later after the examination I got told I'm going home again.

Even though I just went to them out of common courtesy cause they were all caring and nice etc. So this time around it was a short experience of experiencing the world.

But I have hope that I'll experience it again but at the same time I feel lost, got no purpose of living (which is half true). But then again I feel I got lots to experience still, many people to meet and many places to see. So it's like that rollercoaster effect, up and down 😞

But least I stay postive for the most part knowing that I'll be able to travel the world again somehow. Or so I hope...

Anyways that was a short sharing of me and why I'm here.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hi I am new. And .....

HI @isos

KobeCat here one of the overnight moderators.   Welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find this a safe space to seek support and be welcomed by the community.  

Look forward to your contrubutions to our community

Kindest regards, 

KobeCat

Hello @isos

There are great people on this site with many experiences you might be able to relate to.

I travelled overseas and it can be great, but it was 30 years ago, so I make do with my hometown.  It was a pity you were sent home but I hope at least you get a handle on things and manage you mental health.  Learning what others do helps me a lot.

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah each day has it's up and downs but I'm staying postive and working thru it. And today I met with another Dr that company said I must go see. And he said nah their report is some what wrong so things are looking up again!!!

And yes I saw some quite nice article that I wanna read. Nice thing about sites like this one is it brings people from all over the world together and share experiences. So it makes you feel that your not alone out there with the mental rollercoaster train. And just knowing that takes a load of your shoulder

Hello Kobecat

Thank you for the welcome

I'll definitely do reading on here and ask questions and share experiences to help and get support from the community members 🙂

Hi @cheerbear29

How are you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us