Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: HOME

very true @utopia, mr shaz could cancell everything again by the end of the week , so will have to see what happens

we are having lots of rain up here , so looks like no work tomorrow

utopia
Senior Contributor

40 degrees plus again tomorrow @Shaz51. No sign of rain. We are bone dry.

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hey @utopia Thought it would be nice to check in and see how you are going. I see the depression has lifted but you are still feeling unmotivated. I have been feeling much the same over the last couple of weeks but trying to do little things at a time. I have been watching a lot of tennis as well so that has kept me occupied. You know me and sport - if it is on I will most likely be watching it lol This Australian Open has been a really good one - some great matches and surprise results - I like seeing different players playing well - definitely on the underdog here most times Smiley Tongue

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7. When I was about 18 I used to love watching the tennis.  I went to a game - Australian Open - last year it was played at Looking (that's showing my age).  Lol. 

But I'm not interested in watching it anymore. 

Yes my depression has gone.  Don't feel it's dark shadow anywhere near me,  but at the same time I just feel numb,  blah.  No happiness joy or contentment.  It's like hanging in mid air and not sure if you will drop back into depression,  or soar far away from it. 

Stinking hot here.  Another 40 plus degree day. 

How are you coping down in Tissue.  Abbey doesn't mind the heat  but Dog is black and struggles with temperatures above 26. How is cat and Toby?  They coping? 

Have you heard yet about your school? 

Zoe7
Community Guide

I think it only got to about 18 yesterday @utopia and I certainly felt the difference. A bit hotter today but tomorrow going to be in the late 30s. That is very hot for us here.You must be sweltering in that heat and the nights must be unbearable - really feel for you. Hope this heatwave passes soon for you all on the mainland.

Toby and Cat are good - it is really cool in my house so they are coping well. Cat is spending more of the nights outside when it is a bit cooler - she loves to lay on the grass or under her tree - very cute. Toby just sticks by my side as per usual.

I haven't heard anything yet about the new school but did talk to the HR person yesterday and she has said they should know something soon. I am not expecting anything until early next week though and as Monday is a public holiday it will probably be Tuesday at the earliest. School goes back in just over a week so they better get a move on. It is going to be a rush getting things ready as I don't even have an idea of what grades I will have.

I understand that feeling when the depression seems to have lifted yet there is no motivation or energy to do anything - that is a tough position to be in. The inactivity then feeds into your mood as well. I hope you can get a bit of that motivation back soon @utopia - feeling that way sucks!

utopia
Senior Contributor

You are handling the don't know what school or what grades - far better than I would be @Zoe7.

But the reality is,  this time next week,  you will be teaching again.  Yay!!!!

Just found out that the party my son wants to go to for Australia Day,  is with a work collegue who just got back from doing prison time for drug selling. 

Silly me,  I thought it was another bloke 3 years older,  so I'd originally said yes to my son,  and told him no alcohol even though the older boys will be drinking. Well when I found out whose party it really was today,  I told my son he can't go.  And he's angry with me and surprised I've said no to going to a convicted drug dealers party.  Really? ?  Don't know any mum who would say it's ok 

Zoe7
Community Guide

We don't go back here for another week (Monday week) @utopia so a bit of time still to get things done around home. Think I've lost weight working in the sauna-like garage today lol There is a little more I would like to do tonight but think I am too buggered. Going to be too hot tomorrow unless I get out there super early.

I can so understand you not wanting your son to go to this person's place - you have absolurely done the right thing in trying to protect him from the kind of party it could be. This is one of those occasions that you are better to be safe than sorry later and he needs to deal with it. When he is an adult his choices will be his own but it is still your job to protect him as his mother - no matter what grief you get from him over this you are doing the right thing.

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @utopia

just reading your post about your son - I totally agree with you. You’ve made the right decision.  It’s so hard raising teenagers. I think that age group is the hardest. 

Hope you are ok. Haven’t spoken to you for a while. Xxx

utopia
Senior Contributor

As soon as I found out whose party it is,  NO was the only answer I could give. @Zoe7. We're not talking about a drug charge from 15 years ago.  We are talking he only got out of jail this month. 

My son will have to suffer and spend Australia Day with me & I don't celebrate Australia Day.  Lol. 

Sounds like you've been super busy in the garage.  Yes definitely do It early morning.  Before it gets hot. 

Hope you haven't lost too much weight,  otherwise you might need to buy new clothes that fit,  before you start work. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7 wrote:

We don't go back here for another week (Monday week) @utopia so a bit of time still to get things done around home. Think I've lost weight working in the sauna-like garage today lol There is a little more I would like to do tonight but think I am too buggered. Going to be too hot tomorrow unless I get out there super early.

I can so understand you not wanting your son to go to this person's place - you have absolurely done the right thing in trying to protect him from the kind of party it could be. This is one of those occasions that you are better to be safe than sorry later and he needs to deal with it. When he is an adult his choices will be his own but it is still your job to protect him as his mother - no matter what grief you get from him over this you are doing the right thing.

As soon as I found out whose party it is,  NO was the only answer I could give. @Zoe7. We're not talking about a drug charge from 15 years ago.  We are talking he only got out of jail this month. 

My son will have to suffer and spend Australia Day with me & I don't celebrate Australia Day.  Lol. 

Sounds like you've been super busy in the garage.  Yes definitely do It early morning.  Before it gets hot. 

Hope you haven't lost too much weight,  otherwise you might need to buy new clothes that fit,  before you start work. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us