Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: HOME

@Maggie 22 sounds good after that heat wave last week. Not so hot here today either.  Which is nice. 

Heading to the big town today to get stationary supplies for my son.  School books already ordered.  Think we are going to be ready a bit earlier this school year. 

A day in the big smoke @utopia. I hope you manage to get all the school supplies in one trip.

Glad it's cooler in your area also, gosh it makes such a difference.

I went to Bunnings and bought some pansies and marigold plants. I might pot them later.

Put your feet up when you get home, if you can that is. 💕💜

sounds like a busy day @Maggie, @utopia,how did you go xxx

utopia
Senior Contributor

Didnt go to Melbourne @Maggie But the big town an hour away.  Went to OfficeWorks.  Left the list we needed at home.  Oops.  But got everything he needed and emptied my bank account.  Who knew stationary items added up to so much!!! 

Mum got me a voucher for BigW for Christmas,  so I went wild and bought 9 new pairs of undies. Will be great to wear them.  Their elastic is still intact.  Lol.  Never would have imagined there would come a time when I would be so grateful for new undies. 

Was exhausted and had a big sleep when I got home.  Bone tired. 

Had takeaway chicken and chips for dinner.  Yummy.  No cooking. 

Hope your day was as enjoyable.  Those plants will look beautiful potted up. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Hello @Shaz51 Read my above message to maggie. 

Hope your day was nice.  Heard me what has had some falls.  Is he alright? 

you will be able to relax now @utopia  xxx

yes mr shaz hurt his shoulder , he says it makes a clanking noise

Zoe7
Community Guide

New undies and stationary sorted - you have had a good day @utopia Smiley Tongue

It also sounds like you are still doing well and that is great my beautiful cocky friend - who would have thought that for both of us even 6 months ago!

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7@Shaz51

Not good to hear about Mr Shaw and his shoulder.  Hopefully it just needs more rest.  Otherwise a trip to the doctor. 

6 months ago Zoe,  I was thinking of dying.  Now I'm thinking of joining the workforce again.  So much can change in 6 months.  But at the time of illness,  we're not able to see it. 

A whole new exciting chapter for you will be starting in a few weeks,  and I'm sure it's going to be a huge success. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

Yep @utopia 6 months ago I was still thinking along the same lines - so onwards and upwards for us both. I am trying to just take it as it comes in regards to whatever new school I will be going to. I was discussing it with the pdoc today and saying that it doesn't matter where it is - it will be different but I can cope with it. There will inevitably be a period of adjustment but I will just do my job and get to know the new school and kids as I go along - anything has to be better than what I was dealing with at my old school ...and th bonus is there isn't the usual triggers associated with the area I grew up in as well.

I so hope you can find work and get back into the swing of things yourself - it would cap off a good little period for you - you seem to be in a pretty good place yourself and that is awesome to hear Smiley Very Happy

New nickers @utopia with intact elastic. Lol. It does get like that with money, and expensive stationary items. With an empty bank account, you will be housebound till next pay day.

I hope the chicken and chips went down well. I had a bowl of ice cream. Yummo.

I have a needed day of cleaning ahead of me today. In between, I'll pot up my plants and hope for beauty to appear.

Looks like another cool day here. Perfect for what I plan to do.

I hope your day has good in it today. Enjoy the nickers!!!!!!!!! 💛💕💜💕💛💜💗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us