Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: FEELING VERY LONELY

hello @Lifelive_18, we are all here with our life experiences and our stories

love to hear more from you , and remember you are not alone my friend

we are here for you

always helps to talk xxx

Hi @Lifelive_18.
I'm not sure what you're asking really, but will have a go at explaining and hopefully will stumble on the answers you're after. Apologies if any of this is too obvious, I'm just trying to cover the basics.

What everyone does here:

• Anyone with the word "Contributor" under their username is a regular member of the forum.
  • Anyone with "Community Guide" under their username is a regular member who has volunteered to take on more of a welcoming/engaged role in the forum.
  • Anyone with "Community Elder" used to be a Community Guide.
  • Anyone with the word "Moderator" is a forum mod who reviews posts to make sure they meet guidelines, approves images when they're posted by members, etc.
  • Anyone with "Community Manager" is a super-mod.

Or... What everyone does here:

• Start a thread if they have a new topic
  • Join an existing thread if they want to join a different topic/conversation
  • Post about things that are bothering them, things that are going on, things they want to talk out with someone else, things they have questions about, things that make them happy, things that they're working on, things they're reading/listening/watching... in the appropriate threads as per the above, as long as they're within the guidelines.
  • Discuss the above with other people and have conversations

How to reply to people in a thread:

• If you want to say something specifically to another member, you can tag them using the @ symbol. Just type @ followed by their username like @TheVorticon tags me, and @Lifelive_18 tags you. If notifications are turned on, then the person should get a notification.
  • A person can get tagged into a thread that they previously hadn't posted in. This might happen (particularly for new members) as a way to invite the person into a conversation, or show them a thread/conversation that they might be interested in joining.
  • If you want to say something general in a thread, just post like you've been doing.
  • Posts will appear sequentially in a thread, so if multiple people have posted then there'll be multiple posts. You can reply to all, some, one or none of the posts as you wish. And your replies can be in a single or multiple posts in the thread, depending on how you want to format it. There's no problem with posting twice in a row.
  • If you don't want to reply in words but want to say "hey cool I like what you've said" or "that's really hard, I hear you" or similar, you can click the thumbs up 'Support' button on the post.
  • If someone has written something that's not directly talking to you (tagging you or using your username) then you can choose to respond to that post or not, as you wish.

Nicely put @TheVorticon 🙂

thank you @TheVorticon HeartHeart

hope this has helped you @Lifelive_18

pleas ask any question you may have

Oh wow, that was so great of you to put it in simple words for me to
understand clearly. Thanks so much.
It has already made me feel so good to know that people can connect and
talk on such a forum and not feel so bad.
I will talk more as the days go.

Hope you all have a great weekend 🙂

You too @Lifelive_18 .... 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us