Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Christmas alone

,,actually it was 5500k's whos counting tho, not her obv ..lol

Hi @TAB I agree, I rather be alone then continue to be around people that make me feel alone. I love Christmas I just wish I was in New York for it
Former-Member
Not applicable

I agree I haven't the energy for it.Its like when I used to work at a factory for 20 years ,put up with the b**** environment,and crap , workplace bullying yet have a xmas lunch at the end of the year .It was that way in the end you were too afraid to eat in case someone you had trouble with made it.I can no longer take relations,first thing they have to comment on is how I look in weight,and have always treated me like a idiot.After the year I have and feeling the failure I am I haven't the energy,so yes however much my psychologist challenges this,I am better off on my own through experience as in my past I have been severely traumatized through these relationships.Its always been like I have a sign on my forehead saying "please feel free to put me down!"The total hypocrisy of life is a joke,no different to wishing someone a "Merry Xmas!", absolute crap.

@Former-Member 😍👸 hun 🎅🏻🎅🏻🌲💓
Former-Member
Not applicable

You found more of my old dribble @baby!,
Lol Kendoll!lol💑

Hi there,
Tell your family that you have nowhere to go or anyone to be with at Christmas. I would be astonished if they did not reach out to you. I would hate for any of my family to feel that way, they would probably get as much from having you there as you would. Give it a try- what do you have to lose? There is no such thing as 'just a cousin/ family is family/ give them a chance- you will probably be surprised!
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Samsah
I don't know who you are referring to,but that thread was for those of us who have alienation from family for many reasons.My family contributed greatly to my mental illness,can't handle them.The thread is old as well.

I feel alone too... I always do but Christmas just magnifies the feeling. I will be alone at Christmas

Hi @Lunablyss. It's nice to 'meet' you. 

Christmas can be a really tricky time. I don't know what it is like to be alone at Christmas but can imagine that it could be really hard. Even with people around I can feel quite lonely sometimes though, and I find this time of the year does seem to magnify feelings, as you mentioned.

Have you spent Christmas alone before? Do you have any plans for how you're going to spend the day?

There's a discussion tomorrow night here about whether it is okay to ignore Christmas that I'll link just in case you're interested in joining in. There's also a thread here where people are enjoying Christmas together, many who will be alone (or feel alone) throughout it too, which you're welcome to join in with if you'd like. 

Hope you find the forum helpful for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us