Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Book club

Dearest @Mazarita

I like you are taking a back seat but you realise that people here care about you. 

I've certainly taken my time when I took some time out. I also went through a huge time thinking about my place in Sane Forums. I have been here for a little while: like you and @Appleblossom and @lisajane, @jacques and @MoonGal ........and had some very up and down stuff happening. 

Am I really needed here? HAve I contributed properly here? I guess someone like @Silenus knows what I'm thinking...he is very able to express his feelings as is @Former-Member.........

Should we all start thinking about a really great ....thread of actual change like:

Maybe a health care plan that we can all push for us and others to have and download on a USB stick. I'm certainly sick of telling my story over and over again and maybe it is something that we can read when we are feeling down so this is something that we can see how we have gotten better??

PPx

Great idea @PeppiPatty!

Yay @MoonGal

Can I just give you a book that I LOVE. it's by Lavinia Gomex and it's called Object Relations. Just shows how much Psychotherapy and Psychotherpapists see the beginning of life. But then....Object Relations is the most important beginning of life. 

Thank you for your reccomendations too. 

I think that you inspired me to begin my new chapter in my life @MoonGal....let me think about it. I'm writing a novel that is exciting but a pile of notes at the moment. 

@Mazarita

I'm wondering if you, me @MoonGal @Shaz51 etc, can start up another thread about this depression? CAn you.....I would love to write to you. I have some ideas and you like very much to write to you about them. You have helped me so much in the past as well as I have to you my friend. 

PPxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi,

I find the world of celebrities interesting.Read many of those who I like. One celebrity, Sharon Osbourne, I do not.I find her very aggressive, loud mouth, shock jockey and at times, disrespectful, the whole"I'm better than you' is annoying and makes money off her husband's fame.Kids are not much better.

Until my sister gave me a copy of her autobiography.'EXTREME'. Could not put it down. She strips herself raw. Talks about Ozzy and his childhood.Her slightly better childhood but it's definately no Kardashien BS. It is sad yet funny as hell and raw. Having to deal with Ozzy's band antics and errratic behaviour, mental illness,  finacial ruins, substance abuse and much more,  made me realise why she is so strong and in your face and aggressive and protects her family like a lioness. Get a copy now!.

Love this @Former-Member

Who would know? You just......take them as they are: being celebrities and all. I might get that one but I dont feel too bad for her still, the money and the fame....

But @Former-Member you say it allows you to look at her differently.......maybe I will. I feel like this when I see women walking on the street and they are a little older at about 50-60 years old and I feel like all they need are a hug.......

But they are loud and brash and it's easy to judge......

Hey @PeppiPatty
60 is the new 40! 😃

Perfect timing @Kurra

Yesterday I was weary and told my son I was approaching 60 ... but even then there is heaps to do and live.

Yeah @Shaz51 even the book nerd has moments when bits & snippets are all I feel like reading.

Also looking at

"The Women Were There" by Nancy Donkin

"The Forgotten Rebels of Eureka" by Claire Wright

Sometimes I might enjoy a book over 6 months ... getting sidetracked by other things in the mean time .. but hey .. its up to me how I read these days .. dont do it for school or work anymore ... Sigh .. phew!

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I have recently read a book called "daring greatly" by Brene Brown. It discusses the issues of vulnerability and shame and i really enjoyed it. I usually don't read as I find it difficult to stay interested but I smashed this one in a couple of weeks. Also I very much enjoyed " the power of now" by ekhart tolle. This book transformed my mental health 4-5 years ago and gave me the skill of controlling / observing my destructive thought patterns. I am proud to say I haven't had a psychotic episode in 8 years after 12 years of going in and out of hospital from age 20-29. I also now work as a mental health youth worker / counsellor and help young people through their mental health challenges every day. I feel blessed to do this and to have survived my hellish experience with bipolar type 1.

Hi @Sharktank

Welcome to the forums .... 😊

I have only seen YouTube clips of Brene Brown, but they have been very good ....

Thanks for sharing about her book ....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us