Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CompulsiveWalke
Contributor

Anyone else with BPD around?

Feeling very rejected... 

I just got in contact with this person I used to know who I knew was very dismissive and rejecting towards me. The thing is, I used to be on medication years ago when I knew him, and now I just blew up at him because I can't seem to handle rejection anymore. 

I get rejected for jobs like every week and it just gets to me. Why are people so mean?

I was supposed to be notified by the end of today about whether I was shortlisted... They didn't even bother. Then the other day someone was supposed to meet me at a place and they never showed up. Then this guy... The dismissive one... I totally took it out on him just now. I said it must be nice to be you, to never have to be in a position of being rejected, to always be the one to say yes or no. You would start to think you were better than eveyrone else... 

The sad part is I was supposed to feel the feeling and let it pass before I reacted. And I totally failed to do that. So now I'm really angry and disappoitned with myself. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Anyone else with BPD around?

I can hear how sad you are feeling @CompulsiveWalke.
Have you been talking to a mental health professional about how you feel?

Yes. 

hello @CompulsiveWalke and welcome to the forums 

yes i have BPD too

im trying to find the link- we have a thread for BPDers

@River9can you link the BPD thread that was started by me to here, i cant work out how to link it 

Hey @CompulsiveWalke and as @outlander said, welcome to the Forums 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so rejected, I know it's a horrible feeling. I understand how frustrating it can be when companies don't notify you when they say that would be in contact. Sometimes that frustration can get the better of us and it good that you have been able to recognise that you may have taken it out on the person who was dismissive of you. Try and be kind to yourself about not sitting with the feelings, there's always next time. As outlander suggested, it may be a nice idea to check out the thread they created for people experienicng BPD. You can find it here, https://saneforums.org/t5/Something-s-not-right/BPD/m-p/276198/highlight/true#M42852

rejection is a really hard one. i have trouble with this one too so im not much help there. i just try to remember that its their problem not mine easier said than done though @CompulsiveWalke

thanks @River9

That’s where you’ve picked up some skills to cope with situation like this I guess @CompulsiveWalke.
All I can say is that it takes lots and lots of practise to come out with the right skill when you need it.
Maybe some others here will have something to add.
It sounds like you’ve had a crappy day .

Hi, I have had Bipolar for over 40 years and also have crhonic complex PTSD. I can feel through what your saying that you're very sad and down on your self. Are you currently seeing your Doctor and or a Psychologist/Psychiatrist ?, or have you seen your Doctor to get a refferral to see a Psychologist or an Psychiatrist? I found that cognitive behavioural therapy or CBT come in very handy when trying to understand and learn how to work out a routine for handle verious experiences such as what you have just felt . working with them on verious ways to combat and start to understand how you can learn to control your BPD it's extremely emportant and at the same time there is a lot of people out their in the world of employment that may say one thing and mean or do another, sometimes they just look at everyone as a number. Medication has it's place and I am just wonder how long since you have been on your meds and or seeked help from a Doctor/Psychiatrist? It is extremely emportant for me to have a net work of people eg: Doctor, Psychiatrist & Psychologist that are there to help me with understanding my Bipolar and continue on towards learnig how to ongoingly have more control over my life. I have had to change alot in my life inorder to get into a space where I have a good understanding of my mental health and I have worked on plans to try and do my best to deal with my mental health and evrything that comes with it. I wish you all the best in getting your self in a better place .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us