Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any other lost souls? What do you do for it?

Hugs. That's what we're here for @Appleblossom ..

Reminds me of Woolworths "The Odd Bunch"! That's me! And I'm proud of it!

Hey there @Appleblossom 🙂🌺

I experienced several forms of systemic warehousing as a young person, not quite places to call home as such. 
But this made me able to take on a different view, willing to recognise and help others my own age who seemed to be in similar situations while being resilient to the negativity of where I happened to be 🙂

I think this did contribute to not fitting in, because I was busy living with situations that other people may not be able to relate to, and was pretty fatigued physically and emotionally most of the time.
It’s great you’re standing up and being less people-pleasey 🙌🏻🙂🌺 I’ve kind of thought that’s not anyone’s job anyway 😉😊

@tyme @ and everyone thank you for asking. I've been hammered at work the last couple of weeks. I'm trying to throw myself into everything that comes my way to distract myself - not much other than work comes my way but you gotta make the best of things aye. I rode my horse down the highway today. That's huge for us both. And we didn't get eaten by the sabre toothed giant marshmallows over the road either although my horse is fairly convinced everything in that paddock dines on pony chops. I had a really bad weekend but was also really tired. I and sleep at the moment. Oh well. Thank you for being there all of you.@Ruisseau how are you going? 

@tyme and everyone thank you for asking. I've been hammered at work the last couple of weeks. I'm trying to throw myself into everything that comes my way to distract myself - not much other than work comes my way but you gotta make the best of things aye. I rode my horse down the highway today. That's huge for us both. And we didn't get eaten by the sabre toothed giant marshmallows over the road either although my horse is fairly convinced everything in that paddock dines on pony chops. I had a really bad weekend but was also really tired. I and sleep at the moment. Oh well. Thank you for being there all of you @Ruisseau how are you going? 

Hi Abbey, I'm going ok, thanks for asking. Like the sound of you riding your horse. Must be a good one to tackle the highway. Haven't been on a horse for about 10 years. A guy from near where I used to live started riding his horse around town when he lost his licence. I like the sound of that. 

@Ruisseau it's been a long time since I did much riding out because some one veered across the road and almost hit us. My horse and I developed fear. It's the old highway so 80 kph, not a 110 one. Yesterday while crossing a bridge I indicated (for a tour 44 seconds) to a truck to stop. He didn't start trying till he was nearly on us and my horse was jumping around, then his air assisted squeaking breaks scared my first even more. I wish people knew more about how to drive around horses. He's a good horse though. 

I like the idea of riding around town too. One day maybe I can. 

How are you gong this week? I'm having a sad one so kept to myself. I do that all the time anyway so not much different to normal. I hope something was nice in yours. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us