Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@eth, it was about two years ago. We were talking about our adventures in polyamory. And various other things we have in common along those lines. Smiley Wink Even though some of us here are reading a bit manic tonight, I really am glad to hear you stayed balance during your time away. It really sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing more about it. Heart

@greenpea, you are cheeky. I haven't completely signed up to this all nighter yet! Smiley LOL

@Zoe7, hiding behind a light pole! Smiley LOL

@The-red-centaur, I've found I'm much less extremely manic now that I'm older. But then I only had one major mania, that lasted five years! At the moment, I am still probably in a rapid cycling phase. Smiley Wink

@eth I certainly had a giggle at your termite mounds - very funny lol

@Zoe7@Mazarita@eth@The-red-centaur Okay I came onto these boards to stop myself from wandering off in the middle of the night was I was starting to do ... I would wake up and my voice would tell me to drive off go only knows where and then drive back again which I would. I had to get my daughter to lock all the doors of the house so I wouldnt wander off and then hide the car keys ....

I once had this man who I think was rather interested in my come to the door after we waid we would meet up but I was too busy dancing to music which my voice had told me that I had to listen to. My daughter put me to bed 4 hours later!!!

Ah yes @Mazarita it comes back to me now.  We bad!!!  Still I think it should be safe to acknowledge that hypersexuality is a common aspect of bipolar - it's something we need to manage when possible, and for me a red flag signal of getting more manic, borderlining into psychosis.

@Mazarita my longest mania is only been 6 weeks. I usually have depressive episodes and rapid cycle.
Up til now I've been diagnosed with bpd.

Dancing for 4 hours sounds like a lovely way to spend an evening @greenpea - could you imagine all of us dancing in the streets - we would definitely be locked up then lol

I totally agree when it comes to me too, @eth. When I start going down that track in my mind and emotions too much, I tend to think there is a manic edge in me. That wasn't the way I always thought. But it is me now. I did think I was a love goddess, after all. At my age and shape, I don't think I'd pull it off that well!Smiley LOL

It was rap music!!!!! @Zoe7@Mazarita@The-red-centaur@eth

I think dancing is a really healthy outlet for the extra energy, as long as you're not being too noisy for your neighbourhood in the wee hours.  The secret of managing mania for me has been developing some quiet activities that I can do when others sleep - this being one of them.  @Zoe7 @Mazarita @The-red-centaur@greenpea 

LOL @Mazarita  I got into Quodoshka sexuality (google it!) and believed I was healing ancient wounds.  Totally got into 'free love' - as long ago as the 70s and since.

To be honest @greenpea - I am not even sure you CAN dance to rap music - so I don't know how you pulled that one off lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us