Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Sophia1 :)xxxxx

@Mazarita Mazy went for a 2 hour walk with son2 and feeling great! 🙂 I had forgotten what a high it gives me. Will definately try and stay awake at the moment it is 50/50.

Great job on your massive walk @greenpea - 2 hours is a very long walk - well done little pea Smiley Very Happy I am expecting to increase my pool sessions from once a week to twice after the first few weeks - it will entirely depend on how well I pull up after the first session next week though and as I have not been able to exercise properly for nearly 2 years I know it is going to be a very slow process.

@Zoe7 good on you! I think you are doing so well. You deal with alot. Physically and mentally kudos to you Zoe7 and you always have a smile on your face 🙂 xxx

Oh I really don't @greenpea - I rarely smile - not much to smile about - my furbabies give me some joy and the occasional smile - sometimes tears because they are so adorable yet I still feel so hopeless... not a nice life to lead really little pea.

...but there are so many inspirational people here and that shows there can be those glimmers of light...

Hi again @greenpea @Mazarita @Sophia1  and hi to you too @Zoe7.  I'll be around for a while if anyone wants to chat.  Having a quiet night to myself tonight and have caught up on lots of things in between posts.

Hi @eth - how were your 2 weeks away?

Shout out to you too @Teej.  Hoping life is going relatively smoothly for you.

I had a very peaceful and positive time @Zoe7.  It was really good to have a total break from the NDIS focus that's preoccupied me for so long, knowing they will actually fund me soon.  Very supportive family and friends made the journey possible.  The highlight was the Barunga Festival, an aboriginal community south of Katherine, NT.  There were about 5000 people there this year and I coped with the crowds thanks to a special friend who stayed with me all weekend.  

That sounds amazing @eth - and so lovely to have that special friend by your side to help you cope - that is wonderful to hear Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us