Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

💜💐💜💐💜💐💜 @Emelia8 

Sending lots of love to you and Holly @Emelia8 

💖🌸💖🌸💖🌸💖

@Emelia8 💐❤️💐❤️

images (21).jpeg

Hi @Emelia8 "so damn unfair" indeed! Difficult year for you. There's No solutions, just maintenance, to stay afloat, 'till the heart settles enough to live again. You're encouraging me to do my walks more, gosh, if you can do it, with all that you're going through, surely I can. My mum died 2018, 'tis hard. I wish you had children, you would have been great. But they do tend to go off and live their own life, and not come home much 😢 Time for you

💐🌺💐🌺💐🌺💐🌺💐

Dear @Emelia8 ,

please be taking care of yourself at this time. Grief can bring up so many and conflicting emotions I am thinking of you and all you have been through and sitting close by

love peri

@Emelia8 

Hi Em

I do understand about your grief journey. It is different to lose a husband or to lose a child and the pathway through varies but there are things in common. I found it hard to get up in the mornings after my son died - I forget how long it was before I could get up earlier but I managed it in time. I wandered around for  days - weeks -  totally unfocused but in time I found my feet. I went back to my work and the university fairly soon but it was hard work going to lectures. I seemed to watch the clock feeling my grief but at least I was out of the house. It's 35 years since he died in July and I remember his last Mother's Day clearly - not knowing it was his last of course.

And my mother died 6 years ago now and although I never got on with her I did have a couple of moment yesterday and before that - more this year perhaps because I haven't been well. I used to send her pretty cards for each and every occasion and I enjoyed picking them out. I never heard anything from her for years - but I did let her know I cared and wished to see her if she wanted to see me

It seems families are complex - I am sorry you have to go through grief too - and find your feet in a different world really. Going back to pilates is a good step and big one - as is caring for yourself to recover from your cancer treatment - and that's a huge ask

I am still thinking of you - wishing I could be with you - there are so many of us here wishing we could be there. I'm having a coffee right now - it would only take me a minute to get one for you

One day at a time - yes - that's sometimes too long - I would tak 20 minutes at a time - that was easier

Dec

grief.needs.CF.png

Still with you @Emelia8  feels like forever I know, but each day is that bit closer to a place of peace with it all, and the beginning of accepance in your 'new normal' There's no way round it, only through it, and you're doing that. Just keep breathing 💙

💜🌸💜🌸💜🌸💜🌸💜🌸💜

@Emelia8  sending hugs and 💜

Morning hugs @Emelia8 😀❤❤❤

20310511 (35).jpeg

💙💜💙 ((((( @Emelia8 ))))) 💙💜💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us