Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Ditching the Ciggers

Hi @CheerBear  nice to see you and in the thread ! um 19 days 3 wks is the hardest after 3 days so you have pretty much done it. You will feel better. I looked on internet after stopped and smoking does all sorts of horrible things wasnt even aware of like affects brain, kidneys etc etc

funny the wonkiest thoughts had were a month or so ago and super sensitive w smell now, can smell smoke when cant see people doiing it lol

I noticed the money almost straight away was around $40 /packet when I stopped and dont miss the stinky clothes and well guess I just stank ..

IMG_7814.PNGIMG_7815.PNGAnyway well done @CheerBear  this app really helped me too 

DAEF735C-9CA6-4878-BE58-2B4900C19551.png

@CheerBear @Meowmy @Mex 

still going lol 😸

TAB_0-1705806371774.png

5 years now , nearly $100,000 saved . @CheerBear @Meowmy @StanD @tonys @StuF @Former-Member 😺

12 years here @TAB 

Quick, rough calculation according to your image- I've avoided ingesting about a kilo of tar...!

oh mate, cant even go there,  not putting a pound (454g) in was big milestone for me 

@StuF  funny i felt better when smoking ok til right before gave up lol

Thats  good  @TAB .   Really  good.    Proud of you.

I  have really big awkward hands. .   Promised myself long ago I would give up trying to fix crook clocks..

I'm old now.       Now and then,   Age makes me forget my promise..

Your a good man Tab.  n  smart  so I need say no more.                     

tonys..

All Good @tonys . yes no one size fits all.. and cant lead a horse to water to drink guess.

oh , met a guy who knew a guy who knew lots of guys in the mines once.. he knew a guy they called 'Clock' ... why was that ? he had one arm shorter than the other.... ba ha ha lol

yes I have been everywhere @Glisten  lol

https://youtu.be/1OZWi-mTkNU?si=ikebHL8XT3NEeCeQ

... lolo  @StuF @Appleblossom  yeah have to been to most of those places over the years lol

Well done @TAB the money is incredible. This is addiction. My friend smokes. I have been asking him for ages to quit. He got close, but now I think he's back in. 

Any tiny act of kindness we can give to ourselves is success. 

Progress, -daily achievements - its All we really have. 

You said once, that your superpower was getting out of bed each day. I didn't understand then.

Imagine there were balloons & streamers & people outside the window cheering each morning. 

I slept in late today. The world was not my friend. 

Tiny acts of kindness for self.  AND acknowledging.

I have been having a nap. It was nice.

might sound silly but friend needs to want to do it themselves, or at least believe its them that wants to stop it lol @StanD 

yeah, what i said is true, but thats old, worn out, lazy me talking. re getting out of bed, i find more and more excuses to sloth about then mope cos put weight on etc , becomes a circle feeding on itself. need to break the pattern ...

I don't what you think of this @TAB these patterns - they leave us when it's time. Not focus on breaking bad cycles. Focus on doing good by self - whatever that looks like. It all gets very overwhelming. If one has to mope, then so be it. Life is not easy. And then, it also is.

Agree re friend. I'm not having another smoker in my life. No judgement, my preference. 

When I read about how you said it affects the brain & kidneys etc. Of course it does.

On other hand, many people who struggle with mental health, smoke, & more. Coping mechanisms. Need to feel a sense of satisfaction, alone time, break from life. 

It would be great if we all eat good food, exercise, meditate, relief, it's not in inter-dependent. Whole human needs healing.

Idk where one finds this elusive ideal. Baby steps?

And, smoke em if you got em.

Unless maybe one prefers to not to. 

What do I know? We are all doing our best at any given moment. That is enough. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us