Skip to main content

Opening Hours
Mon - Fri 8.30 am - 4:30pm

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

hey @Adge that is great, and reminds me that I want to get back to doing yoga classes and a home practice. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

I agree sleep hygeine is so important.  I struggle with sleep since hitting 40.  My hubby doesn't respect my need for proper sleep hygeine and brings a laptop to bed, munches on noisy snacks etc.  If I say something it will stop for a couple of days and then back to it.  I think with things like that I can get resentful and it makes me want to help him less.  He doesn't seem to be able to consider me or what I need.  I never know what of it is his depression and what is just him.

@Froggyhawk I can imagine it is so tough to find time for YOU when you managing a family and supporting your husband ... we are actually going to talk more about how to exercise loving boudaries soon in the forum so stay tuned...

Yes, support from a psychologist is helpful. She is a private practice Clinical psych.

However, it is primarily for working on recovering from childhood abuse (& CPTSD).

So when appointments are dominated by my work stress (or issues) - that is taking away from the primary purpose (& what I'm paying full fees for).

Adge

@Shakeelah25  Young person suggestions are encouraged plz! What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of implementing a "stern" boundary with your mates/loved ones?

@Shakeelah25  we are going to talk about how to exercise loving boundaries shortly so stay tuned!  thanks for your contribution tonight! 

Hey @Froggyhawk for many years I set an alarm and got up 2 hours before everyone else's day started.  That was the only way I could have time just for me.   It wouldn't work for everyone but it did for me.  I found that time of day really clear and peaceful, and I felt more able to be 'on' for others if I had that awake time alone.  

Excellent @greenspace We are supposed to be doing our own yoga home-practice (my classmates & I).

No-one does (they say) - we all rely on going to classes.

Adge

i like that idea

Alright all! Time is slipping away from us. Our second last discussion point of the night 🙂 Heart  @Froggyhawk  @Adge @eth @greenspace  and so on 

Following on from the previous question, sometimes instigating boundaries can feel really cold when a loved one is struggling.

What are some ways we can exercise loving boundaries to ensure that we aren’t adversely affected whilst supporting ourselves and those we care about?

@eheadspace 

Search Mental Health Carers NSW