Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

nashy
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Self Esteem & Mental Health // Tues 13th Aug, 7pm-9pm AEST

TT LE Tile.jpg

Sometimes when we have navigated the reality of complex trauma, mental health diagnosis (or even the challenges of being a mental health carer), it can be extremely easy to forget to direct unconditional compassion towards ourselves.

Many people are familiar with the voice in our heads that can ruminate heavy and unkind words towards oneself, sometimes over the course of so many years that we don't even recognise it. The output of this can be lower self-esteem; most definitely a common symptom during mental health recovery.

Join @nashy  for this Topic Tuesday as we soundboard ideas around improving our self-esteem whilst living with complex mental health challenges Heart

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

148 REPLIES 148

Re: Topic Tuesday // Self Esteem & Mental Health // Tues 13th Aug, 7pm-9pm AEST

Thanks everyone for joining in on tonight’s event where we will be discussing Self Esteem & our Mental Health. This is going to be a good one to soundboard between the community as sometimes the issues of low self-esteem when living with mental health challenges can feel like a bit of a “chicken or the egg” scenario. For some of us, our challenges with self-esteem is purely a symptom of our diagnosis, for others it is due to other varying factors.

Either way, we are going to work through this one as a community and figure out how we can further improve and sustain healthy self-esteem whilst living with mental health challenges.

For those members who wanted a tag reminder a very special welcome to you -
@Angel26 @Former-Member @MOG @CheerBear @Lucie @greenpea @Maggie @Razzle @Shaz51 @Adge @Owlunar @eth @BlueBay @Teej @Snowie 

Will allow a couple of minutes for everyone to settle in before kicking off our first question

Hi @nashy

Hi everyone.

Adge

Welcome @Adge 🙂 Always so awesome to have you here Heart

Ohh thank you @nashy xxxx

Hello @Adge 

Hey @Shaz51  😄 👋

Hi @nashy  I’m hoping to learn tonight. I suffer from very low self esteem 

hi @Shaz51 @Adge 

@BlueBay Thanks heaps for being here. I hope you do take something away 🙂 I hear you.. Sometimes I do too Heart 

It's @Snowie 😄 woo! Welcome. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us