Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing side effects of medication // Tues. 17 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I didn't experience withdrawals when I stopped just lost control of my mental health but hated the way i felt on meds

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing side effects of medication // Tues. 17 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Hi and welcome @FeeFee1976 how frustrating and uncomfortable. It must be a bit of a relief to find out that this was in fact a side effect after not knowing what was causing the itch!

Hi and waving @Charli and @greenpea

same with me before I switched to my current meds. I just resorted back to how I was off medication

@Lauz Hi Lauz thanks for the tag 🙂

@Former-Member I so wish I could give mine up but if I do I could end up in jail and that is no exaggeration beccause I simply lose my mind lol.

Does anyone know whether SSRI’s are good for treating severe anxiety? I feel like my anxiety is getting worse since being on an SSRI for 8 weeks. Should I hang in there? Or are other types of drugs better for anxiety?

@Lauz that's why I came tonight to see how people dealt with the symptoms I had

I’ve done that a few times and each time I relapse faster. It took me a while to accept that I’m on meds for good. Then I realised that it’s exactly why I’m on them - for GOOD. I’ve got too much to lose in the bad.

Headaches, restlessness, night sweats, lack of energy

Hey @Bonita, tonight we are sharing experiences and will get to tips on how to manage side effects. Unfortunately we cannot offer medical advice, its really important to bring those questions to your doctor or MH professional, they can help answer any thoughts or concerns you are having. Hope this helps!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us