Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

Thanks @Turquoise,
Everyone's pretty quiet on forum today,
I've just settled back home after a really big day outout for me.
Got Churched √
Took dad out for lunch √
Noticed thethe the good: beautiful day √ nice drive √ great shopping centrecentre √ happy children √
Its a mindfulness exercise - to counteract depression √ Seems to help, as well as getting out in the sunshine √ And caring for someone √
No pressing suicidal thoughts 🙂
Lot of back pain from pushing vessel chair though.
@Zoe7, miss ya, will try find your thread. First week back must be somewhat overwhelming. Give yourself 3wks.
Anyway, just lookin for company.
EOR

Hiya @Former-Member  It seems like you have had a very nice and productive day. Your post was really nice to read tonight.

I have been out to my sister's for dinner - her partner cooked a roast and it was really lovely. Then we watched a bit of tv while our dogs played together - it was very relaxing until they started barking at each other - my Toby is by far the loudest - so much voice for such a little dog lol

It has been a good week. I really like the new school - both the kids and staff are lovely and have been very welcoming. We are still working out what I am doing with some classes but I at least have a timetable of where I am to be and when. Last Tuesday I didn't have that and I felt a little like I was walking into the unknown but as soon as I got there on Thursday morning I was handed the timetable - that made me feel a lot better. I agree with you it will take at least 3 weeks to begin getting used to it all. Tomorrow is a public holiday here so I won't have a full week at work until next week. I am very grateful that I have tomorrow off as I have been unwell over the past 2 days. Feeling much better tonight so hoping it was just a 24 hour bug. 

Do you have any plans for the coming week?

Hi @Zoe7  @Former-Member  @Turquoise  @BryanaCamp 

Stumbled upon this pic.

legsupwall.jpg

Still waiting for image @Appleblossom  but will keep coming back to it whilst I am still awake - sleep may not be too far off for me though - starting to get tired here.

How has your day been?

Today has been lovely. Thanks @Zoe7  Started late, drove son to CBD, had rehearsal back at old choir, and ate 4 magnum egos ...

Smiley LOL

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh no @Appleblossom, x4 Magnums, yikes! Is that like, you mean the choc icecream? Yum. Glad to hear of lovely days & someone singing in a choir 🙂
Thanks for the legs up image )not heads up lol), definatrly could do with those benefits you mention.

@Zoe7, thanks for your reply post and glad the new school is working out. You sound very experienced and off to a great stat 🙂 WELL DONE! Sleep well tonigh, enjoy your public hol & short week XOX
EOR

Finally saw the image today @Appleblossom  - couldn't stay awake waiting for it last night. I think many of us here could try that one - may relieve some of the stress Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member  I have taken a long time to get moving today. I fed my babies and went back to bed - slept for another 3 hours so must have really needed it. Not doing much this afternoon - going to watch some things I recorded and iron some clothes for tomorrow but apart from that a pretty quiet afternoon. Hope you are having some good in your day Heart

lol about icecreams  @Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

I tried headstands, but that pic looks easier and better for me at my age.

@Zoe7  Never worry about waiting up for pics.

Smiley Happy

I like to get the pics @Appleblossom and like to be able to support them when I can - couldn't stay awake long enough last night though. 

Have had a lazy day here doing a little housework in between watching some things I recorded. Need to do some reading tonight before our after school meeting tomorrow - it is on culture in schools and I actually find it quite interesting so happy to do the reading. Usually it is yet another piece of research on the newest literacy initiative or the latest reasons for data collection so this one is more to my liking. We get swamped with all these contradictory articles over the years and rather than implementing those things that work we are required to constantly change our practice. Whilst change and keeping up with things is good it does not mean that some of the 'old' ways of doing things don't work either - and often the research that is presented to us is very one sided - I suppose it is like that everywhere though.

@Zoe7 Hearing you about change being good at times ... and old ways having benefit ...

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us