Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

j2mhall
Casual Contributor

voices

Hi

I get voices, sometimes from God, sometimes from the Devil. I all started about 2 years ago. They just came all of a sudden. One day I was just doing my work, next thing I know I'm hearing voices. 

Josiah

8 REPLIES 8
Rainforest
Senior Contributor

Re: voices

Hey @j2mhall - Welcome to the SANE forums!

It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.   The forum community is pretty awesome and I'm sure you'll find support, information and connection from the other members.   

Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be a pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  Take care. Rainforest (Moderator)🌻

cool. they might have something of value to tell you... h...

cool. they might have something of value to tell you... have you ever thought of it as a gift? 

Re: voices

Hi and welcome, @j2mhall . It's good you've joined the forums for some support. 

I'm wondering if you have any professional supports in place? Like a supportive GP, medication or a counsellor? 

You can type anything into the search bar to find threads on that topic. Also, a handy forum tip to tag someone is to type @ and then click on their name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification that you've replied to them. 

Feel free to let us know how we can support you.

Re: cool. they might have something of value to tell you... h...

Now I get voices from other people, they freak me out.

I can imagine it's very scary @j2mhall especially if it has happened very suddenly. Like @NatureLover said, it can be good to seek some extra support from a GP or similar, do you have a GP you can talk to about what you're experiencing? 

We've got some info about psychosis and some self-help for when you're hearing voices, you should check them out.

Let us know how we can support you and we'll do our best 💜

Hi,

I do have a psychologist that  I see, but my anxiety still gets overwhelming sometimes.

I'm hearing you @j2mhall . Anxiety can really stop people from getting on with life. What does your doctor say about it? Anything you can do to ease the anxiety a little?

They have just put me on some anxiety medication. I still get stressed though

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us