Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Zam
Senior Contributor

struggling with schizophrenia and depression

these last few months has been really intense and symptoms have been getting worse. 

Voices are much louder and i have become so antisocial and stay in my house most of the time and only ever come out if for groceries once a fortnight (only go at night when there is hardly anyone around) and if my son needs anything.

I feel like a complete failure and cant even function socially where i could consider getting a job. My psychiartrist and case workers all think i should stay away from seeking empolyment due to stress but i feel like i am wasting my life away and not being a good father where i can support my son as much as i would like.

i dont know how much longer i can put up with this

4 REPLIES 4

Re: struggling with schizophrenia and depression

Hey @Zam

Sorry to hear symptoms are worse.  DO your mental health team have any groups for you to attend ... even some times ... NEAMI used to do occasional groups which could still break the isolation.

The problem with withdrawing is that I tend to live totally in my head when I dont have social stuff to do, even if it is hard, or people issues drive me mad.  When I live in my head everything can get amplified.

How old is your boy?

Smiley Happy

Hey @Zam

I understand what you mean about stress and finding work. Have you potentially considered working from home via internet?
Like testing or something like that??

Also, maybe take this up with your psych next time?

@Zam Hi Zam yes I know completely what you mean. My pslychiatirst and case workers all think the same of me .... it is very disheartening isn't it. I feel I have a good brain it just gets muddled up like spagetti.....that is when the depression takes hold.

I wish I knew the answer. Time and medication maybe ... depressing isn't it 😞

hello @greenpea, @Zam, @Flying_Hams, @Appleblossom and sending you all tender hugs Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us