Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

What do you do when ....

Seems like there noone to turn to. And so i sit alone and crying. I appear strong and helpful to others. Yet here i feeling very alone. I have no friends. A sister thats sick. A husband caught up in his own world. Children with their own problems i try  hanhd  support.  Who is left? A psychiatrist on leave. A psycholgist booked out untill theend of the month.  Even the cat is aloof. Maybe all i need to do is cry, sob my heart out. Maybe that would help. I would give anything for someone to say they care. I seem to be giving so much out , theres nothing left for me. So here i sit. Alone

35 REPLIES 35

Re: What do you do when ....

hey @Chris

haven't seen you on forums before, are you new?

I havent been on the forums for a long time

Its even more gut wrenching when you come on the forums and it feels like there is no support here either. Theres no where to turn to.

Hey @Chris - nice ot have you around the forums again. I am sorry to hear things are feeling so lonely at the moment for you. Its really great that you decided to reach out here.

It looks like you may have posted two of the same thread - let me know if that's the case and I can remove the other one for you so people know which one to come in to ☺️

It can be really hard when our usual supports are away or unavailable. Have you tried calling a helpline if you wanted some one on one support? I'll put a few below here in case you do. Maybe try joining into some other threads to keep yourself busy and it might help lift your spirits, even if only for a moment.

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

beyondblue: 1300 22 4636 or online counselling

Hi @Chris im not sure we’ve met before. I’m sorry you feel like no one is here for you. I have just found your post. 

Sounds like you feel so alone as your support people are away. 

We are all here for you. Pls feel free to look through the other posts 

happy to chat with you anytime. 

Take care xx

I did post the same one twice.  

I dont feel lonely. I feel alone. For me there is a big difference between the two.

Ive been trying to distract myself for the last couple of hours. Now ive stopped,the emotional pain has returned. I just want to sob my heart out. I feel like i cant do this anymore. I am not suicidal . I am all out of emotional energy. I have nothing left to give anyone.

I did post the same one twice.  

I don't feel lonely. I feel alone. For me there is a big difference between the two.

Ive been trying to distract myself for the last couple of hours. Now I've stopped,the emotional pain has returned. I just want to sob my heart out. I feel like i cant do this anymore. I am not suicidal . I am all out of emotional energy. I have nothing left to give anyone.

Sorry @Chris i read your post wrong. 

Feeling alone is really hard @Chris - especially when it feels like everyone in your life is at a distance. It is no wonder you feel like crying and just want someone to say they care - I think that is what most of us want. Self-care is so important when you feel like everyone else is uncaring - what can you do for yourself to look after you? 

Here and listening @Chris ...and nice to see you back Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us