Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

Hi @Shaz51 how are you travelling?

Thanks for checking in.

I'm quite flat. The winter dark seems to affect me more each year. I'm thinking of trying a blue light first thing in the morning.

My work is getting me down. It's bad, and no prospect of change. Just have to hang in there and look for the little wins.

I had a good session with my psychologist on Friday, but some big issues arose, as they do. Always tough, but ultimately good I hope.

hi @frog
im sorry to hear your feeling quite flat. Perhaps you have SAD? Ive read quite a few people are affected by the winter season...

If work is bringing you down, is there a chance you could look for other types of work? keep the job you have for now but maybe another opportunity will arise..

Hello @outlander how are you?

Yes, I think SAD is playing a part.

Hard to change work at my age, but I'm doing a course and giving it some serious thought.

Have a good one Heart

oh what course are you doing? @frog

im ok, kinda dreading today and my other job. im worried about a few forum friends doing it tough but hopefully they pull through soon.

i hate that age plays a part in so many things, it seems once you leave high school it becomes harder to find a job and then as you age further it becomes almost impossible. it should really go on the experience of the person rather than the age, though i understand the younger teenage kids need to work to gain experience too.

I'm doing mental health peer work @outlander I'm nearly finished - doing placement atm. Don't know whether it's a good idea or not. My view is that there is enough work to go around for people who want it - we could all work 4 days a week and everyone would be so much happier!

I hope there are some positives in your day. That feeling of dread is bad; know it well.

hoping you are feeling a bit better now @frog xx

10.jpg@frog 

Ok. Now I'm feeling wobbly because something's going right. Or, might be.

I have a date. Feel completely clueless and self conscious because I haven't been in this space for 25 years! 

Any tips/moral support/anything? @outlander @Shaz51 @Meowmy @CheerBear @eth @Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Maggie @greenpea @Appleblossom @Zoe7 ... everyone welcome to join the brains trust!

Image result for wobbly frog gif

😮 @frog! That's huge. And sounds scary and exciting and maybe lots of things. Is it someone you already know (if you feel like you can/want to share that)?

My only advice is to be you as you're fabulous to know. The rest of what I have is support and some cheering you on quietly, hoping it works out however you would like it to.

💚

Hey @frog  I haven't had a date for many years either.  So there's not much I can say.  But my thinking is just be yourself.  And remember to breathe.  Hope you find someone whose company you enjoy, like to do some of the same things, and can have a laugh with xxEth

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us