Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

@frog I hope you are okay!!
Take care of yourself please!

We're all here @frog 

Always here.

together.jpg

@frog Sorry to hear about your accident.  Cotton wool your self esteem as you get things organised.  I am glad you are not too hurt.

It was telling that you felt you were facing possible crisis.  Are you able to take any extra (prn) medication to counteract the effects, or reduce your commitments so you dont push yourself as much.  

For a long time I had to be careful and rated myself well enough ... or NOT ... to drive on the freeway ... or just around local area ... or take public transport.... or stay home.  Learning to read my own signs was very helpful, and gave me a sense of trust in managing myself when I was not well.

Take Care Frog

Heart

@frog  Poor frog 😞 sorry to hear about the accident .... as long as you are physically alright but as you say it has shaken you up badly :(. One of my biggest dreads is to have a car accident .....  be kind on yourself today and hopefully the insurance company will be kind on the frog too. xxxx

Hi @frog  ❤️

Just foibg a check-in with you ..... sometimes physical injury shows up the next day (learned by experience) ..... apparently we have a shock absorption thing that happens on day 1 after an accident of some sort and we can wake up on day 2 in pain.  

Hoping you’re okay-ish today.  Drink lots of water .....

Hugs Hon.  Keep posting here and let us know how you’re going ?

Hey froggy - just adding my voice here again to see how you are today @frog 

As @Faith-and-Hope  has said - often the second day can present with more physical issues than you intially had after the accident so hope you are okay and looking after yourself today. Sending you love and hugs Hon Heart Let us know how you are doing when you can Smiley Very Happy

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

I am really exhausted today, but no worse otherwise. I saw gp today and got the rest of the week off work. I was already struggling before this happened and I think yesterday was in shock. It looks likely that my car will be written off. My #1 goal for today is an early night, #2 is healthy dinner, #3 is a shower. That will probably take several hours. Has anyone else had the slow motion experience after a shock, or when unwell. It's disconcerting. Take care all passing by.

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @greenpea @Adge @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @utopia @Wanderer  @Hamsolo01 @CheerBear 

Shock does that to you @frog  and you are probably still feeling some of that shock so take it easy with yourself. Your 3 goals for tonight re ones that you can achieve and that is important after such a shock. Bad news about the car but the most important thing is you are physically okay. Be kind to yourself over the rest of the week - it may take sometime for it all to sink in so plenty of self-care in the coming days Heart

pleased you are physically okay @frog   but you must also be in some shock., sending you tender hugs my friend Heart

Hi @frog   I really hope the dust has settled in all ways by now and that you're feeling a little stronger.  Sometimes shock is delayed so I hope you're starting to recover today.  Glad to hear you got some days off to take care of yourself.  I just read your post about your car accident.  Sorry I didn't respond sooner I've had a really busy couple of days.   Hope the car can be fixed or replaced on insurance, but moreover glad that it doesn't sound like you were physically injured.  Take care, Eth x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us