Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Piecing the shattered glass together

@Jynx 💖
I have felt a huge weight lift from EMDR sessions before, it’s hard to explain. I had dinner 🙂. Do you know what you will have for dinner?

I’m okay and safe, I haven’t done anything risky. But I’ve done something else weird, I don’t know how to feel it.

@creative_writer I'm gonna have dumpling soup methinks! Got some leftover miso paste and dumplings my partner made, should be v tasty!

I'm glad to hear you're not engaging in anything risky! It sounds like it's still something you're uncertain about though - feel free to share as much or as little as you like about it, here to listen 😊

@Jynx, dumpling soup sounds nice♥️

I think I just engaged in a red flag behaviour. I don’t even know why I did it. I can’t say anything on here, it may be too triggering.

That's fair @creative_writer it's good you're looking out for the community. I only know that term in regards to toxic/abusive relationship-type stuff, not sure if that's what you meant. But if you need to talk about it, maybe give the SANE Drop-in Service a buzz? Might help you unpack it a bit 💜

@Jynx, it’s in terms of SI. Yes, I’ve had thoughts today, and I haven’t acted on them and don’t intend to right now. But I seem to be getting more immersed into the thoughts.

Mm they can become pretty overwhelming @creative_writer I am glad that you are feeling that you won't act on them. I imagine that they can be pretty frightening to have tho. I hope you can utilise your tools and supports as needed 💜

@Jynx, need to start reminding myself of the reasons to live. It’s scary thinking about how I could do it, but I have a choice to keep safe. Many people survive mental illness and trauma and lead happy lives after they work on themselves.

💖

@creative_writer That they do - everyone's journey is unique, but we can still take inspiration from seeing others grow. You got this, I believe in you!! 💜💪

@Jynx. Sorry I may have said too much.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us