Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

can you believe the mum`s physio lady ---- arrrgggg

mum is recovering from hip surgery and has reaccuring bowel obstructions and she wants to take mum on a 30 minute drive to the swimming pool

ammmmmm she has to be near a toilet at all times ----

@Bea, @Determined , @Ali11 , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @greenpea , @outlander ohhhhh

Former-Member
Not applicable

What does Mum think about it @Shaz51 

ha mum just told them @Former-Member  and they said " ohhh i had it all planned " xx

hello @outlander , @Former-Member , @Bea , @Determined , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Adge , @Smc , @greenpea , @Owlunar 

well what a day

no work today because of rain

I spendt the morning with mum

had custard tarts for morning tea

we had the plumber come

and the carpenter came

and then 3 ladies of mum`s transtition team came

and meals on wheels

and then mum`s physio came and got mum to see if she can use a stick for walking , I felt sooo sick in the somach watching , soo bad , think I was having a anxiety attack , panic attack -- wow Smiley Sad

did a fews running around jobs

went home for lunch and I was worn out for the afternoon

glad it was raining as I felt sooo sick

that is a big day @Shaz51
im sorry you had an anxiety attack, they are bloody awful. i hope your looking after yourself now xox
doesnt sound like your mums helpers are listening to you either in what you thinks best for her. does your mum feel more comfortable with a walking frame rather than a walking stick?

much more comfortable with a walker @outlander , but mum will do what she wants Smiley LOL

I am feeling totally sick while cooking -- maybe it is my gall bladder playing up

@Shaz51  sounded like a crazy busy day ut very productive! Those sort of days entitle me I say) to a rest day next 🙂

What do you think was behind the feeling sick?  Worn out? Or was it upsetting to see Mum with a walking stick?  That's progress from a wheeler, yes?  Was it something else?

How are you feeling now?

very yukky @Bea 

wondering if my gall bladder is playing up xx

LOL they can be quite stubborn sometimes cant they!
perhaps she has to be the one to say she would prefer a walker.
Anxieties ot lasting effects sometimes though @Shaz51 panic attacks while they arent happening right now they do tend to have that lasting nauseous effect. perhaps try a dry buscuit while cooking and see if that helps settle things abit..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us