Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

CantShakeIt
Casual Contributor

Not coping at the moment

Hi, I'm new here, I suffer from situational depression, I've been doing great for the last couple of years, had my meds down to a minimum 

But 8 weeks ago I was violently robbed, he stole my whole pay, I have 2 children, I was very shaken and it sent me into a spiral, everything has turned to shit, everything is going wrong and I'm not coping 

Just wondering if anyone can suggest how I can pull myself back up 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not coping at the moment

Hi @CantShakeIt and welcome to the forums. I am so sorry that your were robbed that must have been a terrifying experience for you not even considering the fact that your pay was taken. Maybe if you started doing self defence classes that would help your state of mind. There are many different self defence classes available and doing one might empower you and help you get over this awful setback. Take good care of yourself. greenpea

Thank you xx

That must have been extremely traumatic for you @CantShakeIt It is no wonder you are still feeling shaky and not coping very well. It will take some time to get over. Have you seen anyone after the incident - GP, psych, counsellor of any kind - it may be worth doing that to get some help to sort through this.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us