Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Julx
New Contributor

Need some advice

Just needing some advice

Back story.
March 2017 i had a baby, baby is perfect but since then i worry all the time i mainly worry about her dying or me dying and me leaveing her alone with just her dad to care for her.
This all started when i was pregnant and i would have this same dream it was. me standing in the nursery doorway and i was watching my husband hold our baby but i was a ghost
I talked to other mums in my mothers group about my constant concerns and all said its normal all mum's feel this way because a mothers bond is much stronger so mum worry more. But i think this is more then just a mum worrying

I cant sleep i dont feel myself i look at other mums and they all look so happy
I think I'm developing some anxiety and not sure what I should do

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Need some advice

Concern is part of the huge responsibility of being a mother.  Managing anxiety is important and talking about it might help you clarify.

I hope someone from PANDA can contact you. I have tagged them.

@PANDA  

Take care  @Julx its good to reach out.

Hi @Julx,

Thanks for sharing part of your story here on the forums, and thanks @Appleblossom for linking PANDA in to the conversation. 

I imagine it must be pretty scary to have these worries and dreams that you spoke about @Julx. It sounds like you've been managing this on your own for a while now, and I know it can be so hard when you share your concerns with people and feel they're not taken as seriously as they should be. 

Here at PANDA we talk with lots of new mums who tell us about intense, constant worries in relation to their health or their baby's. We have a team of professional Telephone Counsellors here who would love to talk to you so we can help you understand what is happening, and how to get you on a path to feeling better. I really encourage you to give us a call today so we can help you with this. There are lots of options for support available and sometimes the first step is to talk with someone who understands what you're going through and can help you make sense of what is going on.

You can call us on the details below:

PANDA's National Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Helpline

1300 726 306

Mon-Fri 9am-7.30pm AEST

I'm sure lots of other mums will read your post and be able to relate to what you have described. Being a mum is such a big task...recognising when things aren't right and seeking help can feel hard but it also a sign that you're committed to improving your mental health so you can be there for your family.

All the best,

The PANDA Team.

@Julx. Your story is not that uncommon.  Anxiety can definitely occur after the birth of a baby.

I'd definitely encourage you to call PANDA and talk to one of the counselors.  They don't judge and they will be able to help you feel so much better and have less anxiety. 

Anxiety can be overcome. 

All the best. 

Great thank you its good to know im not alone and help is only a phone call away. I will be giving @PANDA a call 

Hi @Julx - did you end up giving PANDA a call? Some of their volunteer peer supporters are actually going to our guests tonight on the forums and we would love you to come a long to join in the chat with them. It will all be happening tonight over here on the forums - talking about about being a new parent and some of the struggles you have described here. We'd love to have you along - just head over to this thread at 7pm AEDT tonight Hope to 'see' you there..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us