Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Its so hard to ignore those plans when they are screaming at you @Zoe7. So so high at the moment. Taking all my strength not to...

A Toby story would be great

A Toby story be a good @Zoe7, @Snowie

I love Toby and i love Izzy

So yesterday I got the potting mix out of the car and of course Toby wanted to help. He was following me from the car to the backyard with each bag I carried - no dramas - he did what he does bestand was my little shadow. I was about halfway through - all going well and then I looked around and he wasn't at my side. The little bugger had spotted a pedestrian down the road ...about 30 metres away and had run after them. That would have been ok but we know he doesn't like to come when I call him. All I could do was wait until the woman got closer and she basically delivered him back to the front gate for me. After that I had to close the gate and open it with every bag I was carrying in. He was in my bad books again but it didnt last long ....we both know how 'soft' I am when it comes to Toby lol

Do youhave any Izzy stories - you must have from the little escape artist @Snowie

Hi @Shaz51 Smiley Happy

Here with you sweet sister, hearing everything you say. I've had an OK day, but my negative brain is trying to do me in as well.

@Snowie

ha ha I have one with Tara , @Zoe7, @Snowie

one day when we were  walking down town , the kids said " tara is following us" , when I turned around there was no Tara

so we kept walking until we went into the bakery and when we came out == There was Tara sitting there looking at us Smiley LOL

The bakery lady thought it was funny so she gave Tara a bread roll , and Tara carried it all the way back home

the kids thought it was soooo funnnyyyn xx

lol @Shaz51 Tara must have been hungry Smiley LOL

Thanks @Sans911, i wish for both of us, that we get through this somehow. Ive tried so many things to lower my SI, nothing seems to help anymore. I hate being like this. 

Here sitting with you too @Sans911 HeartHeartHeart

Hi @Snowie

I'm sorry to hear how difficult things are tonight. It's so hard when it feels like none of the usual strategies are working. I know that you've been through these thoughts before and that tells me you have the strength and resourcefulness to get through tonight as well. Please keep using the forums as a distraction and support; and remember there is always one-on-one support if you need it: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

I also would love an Izzy story, although I know my mind goes blank when I'm asked for a story, so no pressure! I'm trying to think of a pet story too...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us