Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Tasharose
Contributor

Me at the moment

Hi there,

This is the first time I have written on a forum about my mental illness struggles.

My first depressive episode was at eight, I remember thinking I wanted to die. I had no idea what was wrong with me. I also had terrible anxiety but back then, I thought everyone felt that way. I know differently now, 35 years later.

I hear many, many voices. Sometimes there are so many I can hardly breathe, think for myself or engage in anything which is helpful for me.

I suppose I am reaching out to find others who are struggling and to people out there who have been in my position. I also want people to chat to since I am very isolated as I live alone and struggle to leave the house often.

I hope to hear from anyone who wants to chat. I need as many allies as I can get right now.

Take care,

Tasharose
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Me at the moment

Hi @Tasharose welcome ro the forum nice ro met you I here voices too they are really terrible and I can't think straight whwn I have them what do you get up to during the day what do you like doing don't have to answer my questions if you don't want to

Hey @Pepsimax thanks for your reply, I am very happy to meet you.

I have had voices most of my life. Mine come from childhood trauma and possibly bipolar. There have been times in the past where I was able to overcome the voices however at the moment they are overwhelming. I am struggling with the amount of voices I hear, every day all day. I know what you mean when you say they are really terrible.

My main strategie is to distract by listening to music, reading and drinking tea. What kinds of things do you do to distract from your voices?

I love reading and listening to music, I always have music on either through my headphones or through my tablet or phone. I also love shopping which is unfortunate for my budget!

What kinds of things do you do during the day?

Tasharose

@Tasharose Hi Tasharose we met last night on the Voices thread :). We have many threads re voices and just chat threads for people who just want to say hello to other members of the forums. There is also our Friday Night Feast thread which is a great one to say hello and meet a whole lot of people. I will tag @Shaz51 and ask if she would mind tagging you in to the Feast (as my memory these days isnt that great ...).

As for me re controlling my voices is the dreaded medication (hate it as it gets rid of the good voices as well as the bad). Love my music, computer and walking 🙂 see you around!

Hello @Tasharose and welcome to the forum Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us