Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Eating Disorder, Personality Disorder - Need a shoulder ......

Oh my goodness @Faith-and-Hope, I'm so glad you have this space to let out all that negative energy. Deflating. What a disrespectful environment you've come home to. Be nice if they made an effort FOR YOU! Emotional abuse rife, very sad. This is what happens with mothers like that who keep them too close. Any wonder you feel
" numb and overwhelmed"
Letting go of your beloved family home a piece at a time. I have that too, (without the ppl complexities) Smiley Sad

Walking with you. You CAN do this. Deep breaths, love, faith... Be strong in the Lord.

Gotta run, check back later, hugzz

Hiya there @outlander, hugz for u too Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Ohh @Faith-and-Hope

I dont know what to say 😦

Sending virtual hugs and prayers your way. 

The mother has no other life .... is living vicariously through the sons ..... this illness has drawn my hubby right into that vortex @lapses .....

I have taken the longer road, knowing that diagnosis is potentially able to save our family, but it feels like we are in a life-raft searching the horizons every day looking for the rescue ship while our water supplies run out.

F406D968-C783-4284-9DDA-9A6C786D372A.jpeg

There is a teeming mass of water near the opposite bank that is dolphins at play ..... walking by my river and just breathing ..... river hasn’t changed .....

IMG_20180804_124919.png

Atagirl! Focus on what's good. Going for walks. I'd be the same. There's something about water that comforts us. Self Care, and hugzz from us. We absolutely appreciate you here. Hang in there! Spring is in the air - everything gets lighter in spring Smiley Happy

Sending you hugs to wrap you up in @Faith-and-Hope - if only he could see his behaviour from an outside perspective... I am glad you stood up to him... though i know the fall out is so hard to deal with later. You are strong and courageous and have held up so much more of your family with that strength than is right or fair and its been taking a huge toll on you... be extra gentle with you today, i hope that the special event tonight is ok and has some nice moments.

always listening xx

Oh @Faith-and-Hope i have all the feels for you reading this thread today. So sorry you are going through this. It’s not fair. 😫😥

B679AFFA-BAF8-47F3-8B08-3CBA54298214.jpeg

Means more than I can say to have you all here @lisajane @Teej @lapses @Determined @Darcy

ohhh @Faith-and-Hope, just got home and came here , sending you lots of tender hugs my friend Love.jpg

@Faith-and-Hope Hugs and hugs
And that picture is so beautiful i hope you got to see some dolphins too 💞💌

For urgent assistance, call:

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us