Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Confused...*suicide/self-harm talk*

Hi, I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. I am functioning like there's nothing wrong with me, I feel ok, smile, sing, dance, clean, etc, but I also want to suicide and self-harm too.  Part of me is, 'nah, it's not going to happen', and part of me is 'do it now'.  I really feel ok and I really feel suicidal/self-harming at the same time.  I kind of feel anger at myself and last session with my therapist I got angry about my weight.  Maybe I am trying to punish myself.  It's all kind of funny, as in ha ha and as in strange.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Confused...*suicide/self-harm talk*

@Lemonjuice Hi Lemonjuice no it is not strange. I have a plan worked out in my head and all I need is that trigger and then bam so to speak. Otherwise I am functioning okish and people in my close circle of family would not have a clue only my pdoc and psych know. I just keep promising them I wont do anything and I probably won't but you know it is always there.

Ok, cool, sometimes I think I am going nuts and the only one. I have a plan too. I wish we could talk about it. I know suiciding is wrong but there's such relief in thinking about it. It brings about as much relief as planning for a holiday...on an island, with not another human being on it!

@Lemonjuice Haha! I know exactly what you mean I have mine organized in my head for the future lol but hey that could change. I wonder if the mods will get cross with us .... anyways you are not weird or strange there are many of us (I am sure) out there with such ideas.

@greenpea, I am doing better, saw my therapist yesterday, sorted enough issues out to help me calm down and be more positive. Thanks for caring.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us