Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Can't sleep...

...need to though, so if you don't hear back, it's a good thing.  Just writing so it might help me sleep.

Every Monday night, I end up sleeping at 1, 2, 3am, cause I have therapy the next day.  It freaks me out and tomorrow is going to be a difficult one, have to bring in photos from my youth.  I start thinking of the mistakes I made, if only I had not been so naive, fought more for myself, etc, I would have been married, with kids of my own, my own house, etc.  Instead of the lonely, old, fat loser that I have become.  I'm  meant to meet friends in a couple of weeks for my birthday.  Fb friends which I have known for some six years but never met.  The guy is in a relationship but I have had feelings for him since the beginning...nothing is going to happen and I'm fine about that, but gosh, it would have been nice to meet him before I piled on the weight.  Which btw, because I piled on the weight, I don't have clothes.  My anxiety is playing up, self-loathing is getting worse which makes me want to self-harm and then bingo, yep, the 'fn suicide already' chorus chimes in.  Oh, and if that's not enough, I get to go to uni on the day they are doing suicide awareness day.  Yippee!...get to be asked several times 'RUOK' by smiling excited young people.  No, I am not ok, never was and never will be.  I don't want to live, I am being forced to live.  But I won't say that, I will smile back and say I am fine and wish them well.  On the up side, I have the best cheek muscles I know from all that smiling.  

Think I will burn my diaries tomorrow. I have this stupid fear that I will die and my family will discover my diaries.  I don't want to burn them but I can't take the risk.  

Ok, sorry, probably wasted your time with this nonsense.  Going to try to sleep again...

6 REPLIES 6
TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Can't sleep...

Sounds familiar except Im male @Lemonjuice well I used to meet people from sites not fb. Oh and uni was decades ago but was in 30s maybe so dealing with younger people had its up and downs I can relate to what you said. Thanks for sharing 😀

Hi @Lemonjuice

I had a lotsa sleep problems, which is when I started on this forum.  Not too bad at the moment.  I hope you do have some good times ahead.  You actually made me smile with your joke about strong cheek muscles ...Smiley Happy

Keep posting and Take Care

Hey @Lemonjuice - just wanted to check in how you were doing? How has your sleep been?

We have these resources here in case it's helpful:
https://www.sane.org/the-sane-blog/wellbeing/10-tips-for-sleep-hygiene-counting-sheep-for-adults

It's been poor, and I have a migraine today and a uni exam...luckily it's an open book one. I called lifeline last night cause the stress was making me think about self-harm. I am going to rest and drink lots of water today and hopefully it will make me feel better before the exam. Thanks for asking.

Migraines are awful @Lemonjuice - I'm sorry to hear that.

It's great you were able to reach out to Lifeline last night - thanks for letting us know how you are and all the very very best for your exam. Sounds like you are doing all you can to look after yourself in preparation for it.

Hope you smash it!

Got 45 out of 60...not bad considering.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us