Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Oh dear @asky person ok @Sam3 ... will say both today, tbh anyhoo tomorrows another thing right ?
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20190117_001222.png

WELL DONE! @Zoe7.

You're amazing! 

Nothing like getting organised to help us feel in control of our lives. And all before school's back 

You so got this!  I'm impressed 🙂

@Zoe7 😘😘😘

@CheerBear 💜💜💜

@Maggie 😊💗💗💗

@Former-Member Got my glasses yesterday so, back in business. Hope you are doing okish..💜💕

@MDT 👍👍👍

@Shaz51 Big hugs back to you. 💜💕💜

Hi everyone 👋

@Sam3 replying to your post from last night which a more awake head and eyes are letting me do now 🙂

You asked about what the messages I took home from Topic Tuesday were (I think, if I understood correctly). Probably what I took home the most is that it can be so hard to do the parent thing while living with mental health challenges!

I can see how it would be hard to motivate yourself to do more than eat, sleep and work when you're dealing with what you are. I haven't been in paid work for a long time but was studying and doing volunteer work before my life took a turn. I've been trying to get myself in a position where I can return to some of that but it's a real struggle.

I guess I also tried to take home that it is OK to not find it easy and that we're not alone when it comes to struggling to manage and juggle it all. I have trouble pushing myself too far and stopping when I need to (though I argue that life doesn't allow or help me there). I think there's a lot to be said for gently pushing ourselves but also a lot to be said for knowing what we can manage and doing that.

That probably hasn't helped but I hope you know you're not alone with your struggles. It's hard ❤

Hey @Zoe7 @TAB @CheerBear @Sam3 @Shaz51 @Maggie @outlander @Appleblossom

Another hot one today. Hope you all have a nice day whatever you have to do.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us