Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

That’s 5/6 last days @Zoe7 re walks on 3 were only 30mins and 2 were an hr 😎 and yes going to drs re new aches @Former-Member it’s something never had before and it won’t get better. Bit worrying. And thanks 😀

37 is hot @TAB only mid 20s here and it is very pleasant. 

I think going to the drs re your aches is a good idea Mr. Tabby Cat - they have been going on for a while now - it might just need some physio but best you see your dr. Hope it is nothing too major and you get some respite from the aches soon.

Thankyou @Zoe7 and yes re war wounds I cant fix it. Tried.good that it’s pleasant there. That’s swimming weather in tassie isn’t it 😀anyway next 3 days here 41 42 41 then 37 again lol. Anywhere else theyd called it a heatwave lol

That's too hot @TAB I would be inside with the air con going full on in that heat. Not warm enough for me to go swimming - needs to be a lot hotter than that. It is good beach walking weather though - if I could be bothered I'd take Toby this afternoon but really not enough energy to do that. I'll finish watching the cricket, go to the shop and then come home to watch more cricket and do some more painting - and that will be enough for me today lol

Lol am under back veranda in heat trap cos smoking. May mix it up and go from inside to outside to smoke. Telling myself given up New Years Day I used to test myself in SA to wAters tried to swim til April lol. Went numb a few times lol

I don't make NYE resolutions - no point as I never keep up with what I resolve to do lol

The water is often too cold here to go swimming in unless it is super hot and then I have to stay out of the sun as I burn really quickly as a result of one of my meds @TAB

It would be gorgeous paddling weather this afternoon though - really should have got out and done something but will do that tomorrow.

Wow @TAB that heat sounds hideous. Good on you for walking in that! Glad you’re getting those aches checked out medically. @Zoe7 I’m a bit intrigued by the peacock painting- is it something you designed? Oil paints? I’ve just been drawing with my 9 yo (yay, a productive activity) & from a guide book we each drew the “elasmosaurus” (ironic given my superpower desire!). Bugger about the neighbor situation in the past @Zoe7 so hope new tenants are better. Another thing I’m curious about (but is none of my business) is the circumstances of living in Warsaw@Flying_Hams! @Former-Member I really appreciate your sentiments & honesty - you have indeed already helped thank you. I’m sure I’ll slowly improve ... wait did I really write that?!😱@Former-Member I don’t know much about your situation, but wish you well 🧞‍♀️🧚‍♀️💃🏼

Me either and its a coincidence re nye so not an issue there @Zoe7 yeah I used to go brown even 10yrs ago think no melatonin left re age ugh

Neighbors were mine @Sam3 and thanks but it wasn’t so bad I can handle dry heat apparently even without a constant water supply people seem to need to do anything these days 😀 well needed hat and had one. Well done re kids games. Imagination is a gift
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Sam3.  Good on you for maintaining a positive outlook. Yes, you will improve. 😄

My story is a long one Sam. But in short, I have long term PTSD accompanied with typical OCD and also anxiety and bouts of depression and suicidal thoughts. Im also a carer of a terminally ill husband. 

Do you have your own thread yet?

Sherry 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us