Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@eth your water tai chi sounds fantastic!  good on your support worker too. I would love to do that (in very warm water that is) 🙂 Enjoy your bush walk today how lovely. xxx

NB @Appleblossom .....

Art night got cancelled by S2 after a 3hr stint of music practice ..... he was all “arted out”, and he was the one organising it to happen ..... so it’s deferred again ..... 😏 ..... but still set to happen.

Yes @greenpea the water was lovely and warm compared to the other 'heated' pools I've been to.  Just what I was hoping for.  And I didn't have to pay for the sw, she said she'll claim it back on tax.

Wondering what others have on today.  @Mazarita hope you can be gentle with yourself but still get to art group.  

@eth, I'm heading back to bed for some more sleep now. Enjoy the day. Heart

Hi @greenpea, feeling you under the 'support' button. Hope you have lovely day too. Heart

@Mazarita Mazzy I missed all of this yesterday!!:o I am really happy that it turned out alright for you. I am missing postings at times gremlins at work at Sane Forums Smiley Wink. Must have been so scary for you. Sorry I missed being there with you 😞 xxxx

@eth I have my bossy mother coming up today so hoping she can behave herself with daughter. I love her to bits but omg can she be alot to handle at times.

I hope it goes ok with your Mum today @greenpea  Maybe talk with you daughter before then about having some boundaries and ways of not reacting to her. e.g. just saying that's interesting if she says something outrageous rather than reacting and debating with her.  I've had to do this with my mum many times. 

Having said that,  I'm out of contact with mine the last few weeks since she suggested my adult child and their husband are doing child abuse by choosing not to reveal their new baby's gender.  They aren't of course.  They are devoted parents who are aware of what it's like to grow up with gender dysphoria as a result of being assigned a certain gender at birth.   What they are doing is exercising their right to allow the baby to choose what they identify as when they are ready to.  This has already worked with their older child, who has been chosing to 'use she words' since around 3 1/2 years old.  

Nevertheless feeling guilty as Mum had a knee replacement done yesterday and I'm not able to support her at this time.  I have no idea how I can return to my practice of not challenging her (she's 78) after this latest episode.

@eth Ahhh I have felt awful guilt not being there for my mum when she has had varous operations but honestly we live in a different city. I have my own kids to look out for and my mum has a whole heap of friends and my sister to look out for her but she still manages to make me feel guilty nontheless. I will never do that to my kids that is for sure.

My daughter just calls her a 'cranky old woman' but I am sure it hurts.

Good on your adult child and partner expressing their rights as parents re gender. Some people will never get over it but as long as they are happy in their decision and their children are that is what matters.

Thanks for getting it @greenpea  I just knew you would.  

Sending you and your daughter strength and inner peace to get thru today.

hello @Mazarita

so sorry to hear about your heart symptoms.....great that you checked with a nurse on the phone...follow up leading to being checked out thoroughly in hospital..

ongoing checks in cardiology department a good thing to have in place...

I too went through something over a decade ago...

turned out to be start of panic attacks for me...after thorough testing...

the symptoms are so alike I was told to never assume just another panic attack ...always go to emergency department...if persisting...ringing the helpline is a good idea...

do you have ambulance cover?

well worth investing in if you do not already have...

@eth water exercises sound fascinating...great support worker got in the water with you

@CheerBear your asthma must be quite serious with all of that medication...good that they told you to take it seriously as well..which can be forgotten when  so involved caring for others..

@Exoplanet  what a journey...what a day...cheeky dogs still loveable even so..home to your fenced and gated property..

hello @greenpea@Appleblossom

sorry that is all that I can manage..

need to go now and get ready ...off to next town to meet up with younger son.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us