Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Do you/have you ever enjoyed markers @Mazarita? I used to but don't so much anymore, though it is something I think I'd like to try again sometime.

We have a birthday party to go to this afternoon. It's definitely not something I'm thrilled with the idea of but my crew are looking forward to running around with a house full of kids. Wondering how middle may go with the arm but we'll see.

I bought some thin-tipped textas from the op shop a while back but haven't used them yet, @CheerBear. No flat spaces clear for art work in this flat really. 

I think I may take off again. Might end up back in bed, not sure yet. But C is rousing so I'll have a chat with him first at least.

Hope the birthday party is more fun for you than anticipated and that middle's arm is okay with the hijinx.

Great to catch you first up in the morning again. Heart

Haha autocorrect changed 'markets' to 'markers' in my previous post @Mazarita. I meant markets as C does market shopping ☺

Good to catch you also. I better think about getting us all moving too. Hope you have some good feels in your day today @Mazarita

Hi @Mazarita and @CheerBear looks like I'm late for the morning chat again!

Maz hoping your sleep leaves you more refreshed this morning and C's company today lifts your mood of late.  It must be getting so frustrating waiting for the meds to achieve more of a balance for you.

CB I really hope your middle's arm isn't fractured.  And that the birthday party turns out to be fun for you too.

The 'run and jump' description reminded me of a time when my child was about 11 - we were babysitting at someone's house (3 other kids and a newborn who was difficult to settle) and they had chimes hanging over their table which was surrounded by chairs.  Child jumped to try to make the chimes ring with their head, missed the chimes and came down with their nose on the back of one of the chairs.  We didn't know their nose was broken at the time and I still hear about it or see them and cringe - I can't believe I didn't get it diagnosed and treated at the time.  I feel guilty to this day.  There were lots of periods in their childhood when I was majorly depressed or completely manic, surrounded by chaos and retrospectively I can see I was negligent at times.  Part of the consequences of not having been diagnosed accurately and managed accordingly until they were 21 years old.  Shoulda woulda coulda .....

Good morning to anyone else around today. 

Hugs for the shoulda woulda coulda @eth. There's potentially so much of that for all of us I am guessing and, as much as it's totally natural to think, it can feel yuck to go there.

I have a similar story but in reverse where I was hurt as a younger person. As an angry teenager I made sure my person remembered it and similar times, but now as a parent myself I can feel bad for doing that. I know my person did the best they could with what they had and I can see and understand all the things that stood in the way of them being able to do better. I feel sad for the missed chances and the challenges they faced more than I feel hurt and angry about things now. There are also so many times when kids behave in a way that isn't so clear cut and there's no way as a parent we can deal with every situation and every happening well all of the time. It's all so much harder when managing our own big challenges, like an undiagnosed mental illness would be.

Hugs again ❤

Good morning, @eth. Sending love and warm wishes. I'm only managing the forum on wake breaks at the moment, so missing you a lot it seems. Just wanted to send a message to say I'm at least reading and thinking of you. Heart

Thanks for the hugs @CheerBear

Thinking of you too @Mazarita

Here now if you want to chat.

Afternoon everyone @eth @Mazarita and everybody

@CheerBear hoping middles arm is ok and the party goes well. Take some breatherd if you need.

Hi @outlander@eth@CheerBear@The-red-centaur@Exoplanet, everyone

Feeling a lot more human after a shower and a visit to our friend's place. Now sitting here at the desktop, clean, hair silky, clean clothes, some fresh air in me. Still feeling generally unwell and weak but better than I have been, at least for now.

@outlander, it seems you are being patient through the physical and mental challenges at the moment. How are you this evening? Anything planned this Saturday night?

@eth, sorry I wasn't up to chatting earlier. Had to just flop in the armchair for a while, eventually fell asleep there for about an hour. That's when I roused myself to have a shower, thank goodness. It's been (shock horror) 10 days. I think that's a record in recent years. Hope your day has been good. Wondering what you have been up to.

@Exoplanet, I wonder if you have been doing any more fencing. Maybe some walks with the dogs. What DVDs are you watching at the moment? Sending love and thinking about you.

@The-red-centaur, how's the sleeping going? Hope you feel as okay as possible in your waking times. I find that if I panic about how much I'm sleeping when I wake up, it makes it all worse. Sometimes I think we just have to go with it all for a time to give our minds, hearts and bodies a chance to rest and heal. In any case, wishing you well.

@CheerBear, that's funny with the markers/markets exchange we had, lol. Hope the news on middle's arm is good, and that the birthday party went okay. 

It's a home night tonight, maybe some TV and foruming if anyone is around. Some chat with C hopefully. May the evening unfold well for all. 

Heart

Afternoon all @outlander @Mazarita @eth @CheerBear

I  live with my 3 sons ages 25, 24 and 11. My eldest  son 25 has High functioning Autism,  my youngest 11yr old also has Autism and ADHD, my 24yr old is my career..  We are renting a small 3 bedroom house where my kids all have seperate rooms. I  have no room of my own  and either sleep on the lounge or with my younger son as he still won't sleep on his own. I have been trying to find a 4 bedroom to rent where we are living for the past 3 months with no success. All they say is there is a house shortagge and they are getting about 40 applications per house. So my mental health keeps getting worse from having no place of my own, even the bath is  to small, I think unless you work and have no animals, im not going to get anywhere. My lease ran out here in June and where on a week by week basis now, I have 2 dogs that help with the kids with Autism and my anxiety.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us