Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Welcome party for S-Jay!

Hi everyone, 

I am extremely excited to welcome our new Community Manager... *drum roll* 🥁

@s-jay ! 🎉

You will see a lot of @s-jay around town and I thought in proper forum style, we could throw her a welcome party. Please everyone, come along with some cake or your favourite party decorations. I've started us off with an epic balloon arch that I threw together for the occassion 😉

balloon arch.jpg

@s-jay, to get the party started, we would love to hear three random facts about you?

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Welcome party for S-Jay!

What an awesome tradition! Thank you Lauz for the very warm welcome... Very keen to get started and learn from all you lovely people that make up this community, I'm here to listen.

3 random things about me? Hmmmm

+ I love love love synthesizers (clock the avatar!), listening, playing... Love synthwave music.

+ This usually doesn't make me very popular, but I'm allergic to cats and don't like being around them. Sorry cats lovers - I know there is a lot of you on the internet! On the otherhand, I do really love dogs. I've never had one, but my very close friends all have dogs that I love to be around!

+ I love camping! If I could camp up the coast all summer round, I would!  That would be a dream for me.
Can anyone relate to any of these?

As for me I am bringing these to my own welcome party, LOVE a carrot cake.
carrot-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting-7861-1.jpeg

@s-jayHi s-jay and welcome 😄 I thought I would bring a mix of savoury party food to balance the sweet. As for camping the only camping I like to do is in hotel rooms lol 😛 I really hope you enjoy your time at Sane.

Related image

Oh wow @greenpea, that looks so delicious!! Thank you!

I did have a little laugh about camping in the hotel!

Welcome, @s-jay. I relate to your introduction in that I have been into electronic music over the years, even did vocals for some electronic music makers for a while. Synths are great! Look forward to getting to know you more over time. Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @s-jay and welcome, 

I too don't handle cats they affect my asthma but so do dogs with long fur. I got a fruit platter for the party

images (89).jpeg

OMG @Mazarita

is very talented  @s-jay ...........

But I digress.......I dont like cats either but here is Arlo......he's been hanging around here too......

Can I bring a flower and just ........be like Arlo and drink water and just.....nibble on other's food?? 

14718788_10154620742423252_8513557761592096482_n.jpg10275352_871495699596177_4290571684851045305_o.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @s-jay pleased to "meet" you.

two-women-s-handshake_41451-36.jpg

As you start this new job, may you be blessed with wisdom and understanding as you both counsel and walk beside others. May your heart be protected yet remain tender as you encourage us to strive toward reaching our potential.

Thank you @Mazarita! I l do love singing too - good for soul I think!

Looking forward to getting to know you all too!

Yum @Former-Member, and yes thankfully I haven't met a dog yet that I am allergic too!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us